A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wiring up my sub woofers today and I accidentally crossed the 12v switched with the 12v constant. There was a spark and my head unit stopped working immediately. I went and bought a new one thinking I fried the pioneer I was using. I plug in the brand new pioneer head unit to the wiring harness and still nothing. I checked all the fuses and nothing was blown. I have no idea at this point why my head units will not work.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
How did you check the fuses?

·
Registered
344 Posts
is there a fuseable link on the pioneer wire harness?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled each individuak fuse and looked to see if it had blown. And fusable link? I donthink I know what that is. The fuse on the rear of the head units are fine though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
rither switch or constant power have a fuse ina little black holder attached to the wire I think did you check that?

·
Registered
471 Posts
u only need 3 wires to power on the hu 12v from battery ignition wire and ground check these and u should be fine

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No such thing exists. All the harness wires are just wires no fuses. And the wires were giving power to neaons I have in my interior I wired to the 12v switched when the harness was plugged into the HU but th HU just didn't work. Then later that stopped working too

·
Registered
344 Posts
does the car still start?

·
Registered
471 Posts
u shouldent have neons running from your hu wires dont those plug into your lighter just check the wires i stated before and u should be good ;)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Sound like there's a broken wire in there. Also double check again on the fuses under the dash it's a 10amp for the radio and also check the cig lighter fuse

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Car starts and runs fine just no power to the HU. And I've always had neons run off my HU. The need a 12v and there it is, never had a problem. And no broken wires I checked them all and they're good. Like I said it stopped working when I crossed the constant and switched wires with my amp remote wire. It sparked and the problem arose. So I thought it was a fuse and it isn't.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fuses or wired? I checked all fuses in the car under the hood and everywhere else. All good. Wires? No. I don't see how crossing 2 wires could magically disintegrate copper.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no because if nothings working obviously theres no or little power to the wires. there was to the switched 12v but then that cut out too.

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
ive had fuses with hairline cracks. swap the fuse from something else that is working and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts