A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else swapped a cluster and had to figure out the speedometer and temp? I installed it using various diagrams for my 02 spec and the nx. It wasn't too bad. I had originally followed wire color charts for the nx I found on a forum, but they were mostly wrong. The back of the nx cluster is pretty much self explanatory with labels on it already. But speed and temp aren't reading correctly. Both are pretty important. I've had heat issues in the past. Running a bluetooth ap on my phone defeats the purpose, so I'm reaching out to the forum.

I know people have swapped the speed sensors from the nx into other cars, but I'm not sure which would be closest, if that wouldn't mess with the ecu, or if it would even matter if it did.
The temp sensor I don't know. The ecu sends the signal to the cluster and this cluster doesn't know what to do with it. It's either all over the place or not there at all. I've considered cutting my upper hose and using an inline temp sensor. It'd be great if I didn't have to do that, though.

Thanks in advance, here's something to look at.

20190704_001158.jpg
20190704_001239.jpg
20190704_001451.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,419 Posts
Looking at the cluster again... you may need a signal convertor, I'm thinking digital to analog for those readings but this is just a guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts