A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
Another problem occurs when I solve one problem..-_-;;; %#Y2&)$&$&!
anyway,

I thought I should change all o2 sensors at one time.
But manual says it’s able to test and I did. (with multimeter)
and the result is

All of Up stream o2 sensors’ range is almost 0.100v ~ 0.900v, which is not bad.
But rest of Down stream sensors are not touch 0.100v when it Minimum and Maximum value is up to 0.200v.

Basically all of these O2 sensors have the same voltage range right?
So.. is it Ok to change only Down streams’ o2 sensors without Up streams’??

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Ah, you have an 02 QG. I was wondering wtf was the 4 sensors about. Lol.

You can change only the down stream ones without changing the up stream, no problem. As long as you know those are the ones causing the problem. If you read the check engine codes, it should say which bank and sensor etc, but I guess you figured it out with the multimeter.
When you get new sensors, google "Advance auto parts online coupon" and the first page has some nice ones to save you a few bucks. Make a couple orders depending on how many sensors you need to save more, and select to pick them up in store. Good luck.

I see you're from duluth, not to far away from me.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, you have an 02 QG. I was wondering wtf was the 4 sensors about. Lol.

You can change only the down stream ones without changing the up stream, no problem. As long as you know those are the ones causing the problem. If you read the check engine codes, it should say which bank and sensor etc, but I guess you figured it out with the multimeter.
When you get new sensors, google "Advance auto parts online coupon" and the first page has some nice ones to save you a few bucks. Make a couple orders depending on how many sensors you need to save more, and select to pick them up in store. Good luck.

I see you're from duluth, not to far away from me.
Thank you for notice me that coupon!!
even Advance auto parts store is nearby. that's great.

I need to buy floor jack and stand for change o2 sensors.
humm.. it's going to overspend then expected but no way.. T_T

anyway, you're atlanta too! nice to meet you~ :)

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
Before you pull your sensors out, the downstream O2 sensors looks ok to me. Remember the O2 sensor reads O2 on the exhaust. The higher the voltage the lower the O2 reading, and vice versa. The cats use up the O2 to convert the gasses to H2O, CO or O2. So a reading of 0.2v tells me that the cat is working. If it was reading high voltage

Also the problem with that type of "testing" is that it's inconclusive. The real way to test it is with a scope. You need to know if the sensor is "switching" fast enough.

But given that you have an almost 10 year old car, and if they've never been replaced before, I'd replace all of them, just as a preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, i want to know if you could helpme to find the lines of my sentra 2002. I view your post about hao you change spark plugs and a couple of O2 sensor.
Recently my sentra is having some problems with gases and a mechanic disconect all the lines of the o2 sensor and inyector and I belive that he doesn't put in the correct position.
Maybe you could send my a couple of photos where is located every O2 sensor in the correct position. There is sensor 1 bank1 and sensor 1 bank 2, and also where is sensor 2 bank1 and sensor 2 bank 2.
Any help is welcome 🙏

1 - 5 of 5 Posts