A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’ve been having more issues buying parts from the internet again.

This time I got an OBX fuel rail from eBay, which according the every listing is supposed to support any QR25 from 2002 to 2012.
Light Font Line Rectangle Table

The reason why I got it is because it has a return fitting which could be useful should I decide to go turbo in the future. I’m in the process of an engine swap and I decided that now would be a good time to go ahead and get 2JR’s plenum adapter kit so that I could use an Altima plenum I had grabbed at a junkyard. Only when I began assembling everything did I find out that the fuel rail for the 2nd gen QR25’s (2007-2012) is in fact different from the 1st gen (2002-2006).

Blue Engineering Gas Machine Auto part

Pictured is the 1st gen intake manifold with fuel rail still attached (center), OBX fuel rail (left), and a 2nd gen fuel rail (right; on top of the ports). You can see the mounting location for the OBX rail matches the 1st gen rail, but the 2nd gen rail is pretty far off.

Light Blue Circuit component Electrical wiring Electronic engineering

Here is 2JR’s plenum adapter, the bolts for the fuel rail are threaded in place so you can see just how far off the OBX rail is.

So to make things simple, if you have a B15 or an Altima from 2002-2006 and you have the stock manifold then you can use the OBX fuel rail.

If you have a B15 or Altima from 2002-2006 and you are swapping your manifold for a 2007-2012 plenum from an Altima, Rogue, or B16 Sentra, you will not be able to use the OBX fuel rail.

If you’re starting with an Altima, Rogue or B16 Sentra, you won’t be able to use the OBX fuel rail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts