A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 spec v. i got the car back in january this year. the odometer hasnt worked since i bought the car. meaning it shows nothing. a very dim back light and that is it. no numbers show at all. however you can vaguely see numbers in the dark with the lights on but you cant make anything out. everything else works,speedometer, rpm. gas, etc. any idea what this could be?

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
i have a 2002 spec v. i got the car back in january this year. the odometer hasnt worked since i bought the car. meaning it shows nothing. a very dim back light and that is it. no numbers show at all. however you can vaguely see numbers in the dark with the lights on but you cant make anything out. everything else works,speedometer, rpm. gas, etc. any idea what this could be?

Is the dimmer switch turned all the way up?

Have you taken the cluster out and tried another one?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive moved the dimmer switch around with no luck. and i dont have acces to another cluster.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Is the dimmer switch turned all the way up?

Have you taken the cluster out and tried another one?
Are these screens LCD with a back like or do the numbers themselves light up I cant remember.

JoshSnow5 the odometer hasnt worked since i bought the car.
at night try shinning a flashlight onto the screen to see if you can see the numbers, if you can see the numbers but they are dim I would say you need a new cluster.

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
Are these screens LCD with a back like or do the numbers themselves light up I cant remember.

at night try shinning a flashlight onto the screen to see if you can see the numbers, if you can see the numbers but they are dim I would say you need a new cluster.

They're backlit I believe, the numbers don't light up. It's much like a calculator screen.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can see faint light in the dark. havent tried a flashlight yet, ill have to wait about 8 hours for that.

as for how they are lit im not sure either

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
They're backlit I believe, the numbers don't light up. It's much like a calculator screen.
The LCD on a typical calculator does not have a back light, but if it is a LCD screen with a back light a flashlight will show you a hit of a image if it is has a back light, just like a LCD monitor, this is how I test a black monitor to see if the bulb blue or if the screen is bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts