A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I'm definitely putting a clutch in my car in the next few months. I already purchased the exedy oem replacement for an excellent price. I know exedy is a good and reputable company so I was ok with the purchase. However, I'm seeing it more and more that this is not that great of a clutch so my question is this:

Do I keep it and get a lightweight flywheel or try to sell it and get a better clutch with the stock flywheel?

All opinions are welcome and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that was a poor choice of words. I'm just sayin I haven't found anything good about the clutch in the posts I read from searching. Again, not that it has problems just nothing exciting or worth mentioning it seems. Looks like most are on comp, centerforce, or spec.

Nonethless, I'm using it and a lightweight flywheel (which I'm favoring since I've already got the clutch) or swapping the clutch for a better one. This all depends on the feedback I get of course. Judging by your question I can't help for assuming your going to say it's a perfectly fine clutch and I'm and idiot lol. My ignorancy has shown itself once more lol. Thanks though.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I guess that was a poor choice of words. I'm just sayin I haven't found anything good about the clutch in the posts I read from searching. Again, not that it has problems just nothing exciting or worth mentioning it seems. Looks like most are on comp, centerforce, or spec.

Nonethless, I'm using it and a lightweight flywheel (which I'm favoring since I've already got the clutch) or swapping the clutch for a better one. This all depends on the feedback I get of course. Judging by your question I can't help for assuming your going to say it's a perfectly fine clutch and I'm and idiot lol. My ignorancy has shown itself once more lol. Thanks though.
rofl u answered ur own question...

why replace something, when it works perfectly fine?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
i have an competition stage 1 clutch with an oem flywheel
at first lots of clutch chatter after breaking it in i get very lil
grips alot

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have an competition stage 1 clutch with an oem flywheel
at first lots of clutch chatter after breaking it in i get very lil
grips alot
Just to clarify, your saying it does grip?

And 716spec, it's not working fine it slips super bad in the mornings and at full throttle from 4th to 5th is impossible unless I let the rpms drop back down. I just raced a 87 carolla ae86 (won too) and couldn't fully put him in the dust because I couldn't get 5th gear lol.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
yep not one problem with it. driving like an mad man today! lol. chirping 3 all day long

1 - 7 of 7 Posts