A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay folks, no bullshit, here it is...

I'm looking for FIVE buyers.
Either Dogbox OR Synchromesh OE fitment gearsets available.
These are going to be produced by Graf Gearboxes and rated between 750-1000whp. 1st-4th gearsets for the RS6F51 transmission.
Production will be 12-16 weeks (not including time to ship to/from)
I'm shooting for preliminary gearing to be:
2.6/1.8/1.3/1.0 with a 3.8 F/D
Group Buy Pricing as follows:
Forged Drag Dogbox: $6,199 (MSRP- $6,800)
Forged Helical Synchromesh: $4,399 (MSRP- $4,750)
Forged Final Drive: $1,379 (MSRP- $1,500)

I will require $500 to hold your spot. This will be credited toward your purchase and is only to ensure that you are committed.
To begin production will require:
Dogbox- $2500 (credited toward purchase price)
Synchromesh- $1600 (credited toward purchase price)
Final Drive- $600 (credited toward purchase price)
At completion of production (will begin reaching out at 8 weeks) will require:
Dogbox- $2500 (credited toward purchase price)
Synchromesh- $1600 (credited toward purchase price)
Final Drive: $600 (credited toward purchase price)
Upon receipt of the gearsets at Vision One Racing, I will collect the remaining balance due plus tax/shipping costs. Tracking information will be sent upon receipt.

·
Super Moderator
6,586 Posts
I hope this fills up fast, sadly I can't hop on this one as much a I want to.

Reactions: L8YBUG

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope this fills up fast, sadly I can't hop on this one as much a I want to.
Hopefully we at least get a couple people. Need 2 more at a bare minimum.
Even NA guys who are serious about drag need a dogbox option. Quickest way to shave ET

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
If I don’t have to sump my tank and purchase aem infinity then I’ll just put that $ towards this..gimme a few days to figure out what I gotta do

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I don’t have to sump my tank and purchase aem infinity then I’ll just put that $ towards this..gimme a few days to figure out what I gotta do
Skip the sump and do a 3gal cell up front (unless you're still streeting the car)
Either way I'd recommend either a fuel cell or a surge tank rather than a sump.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Skip the sump and do a 3gal cell up front (unless you're still streeting the car)
Either way I'd recommend either a fuel cell or a surge tank rather than a sump.
not a street car anymore lol..why u prefer surge tank over a sump?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not a street car anymore lol..why u prefer surge tank over a sump?
I've just ALWAYS run into issues with a B15 tank supply at anything less than 1/2tank.
When I used a surge tank it was never a problem.
But if you're drag only then you should really get that weight up front where it belongs

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I've just ALWAYS run into issues with a B15 tank supply at anything less than 1/2tank.
When I used a surge tank it was never a problem.
But if you're drag only then you should really get that weight up front where it belongs
that half tank problem is what I had this weekend. Once I threw in the other 5 gallons and brought me to 3/4 car ran like a dream

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that half tank problem is what I had this weekend. Once I threw in the other 5 gallons and brought me to 3/4 car ran like a dream
I wouldn't lie to you lmao
Stock tank configuration is garbage. Sump might fix it, but it's just a band-aid IMO... The tank is simply too shallow and too wide.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: silvabullit

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump.
I've been receiving some positive responses and looking like this might be a 'go'.
A few people very interested, just waiting on some final commitments. If anyone is on the fence, now's your chance!

Even if the dogbox is out of range, the synchromesh set with some carbon synchros are a GREAT option - especially for a street car!
Anything over 550-600whp on the stock gears are a ticking timebomb.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Super Moderator
6,586 Posts
Re-reading the OP, can't afford that right now and bad timing for me overall, that's a long first gear though...can't wait to see how it performs.

Reactions: L8YBUG

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re-reading the OP, can't afford that right now and bad timing for me overall, that's a long first gear though...can't wait to see how it performs.
It's gonna be MUCH better.
With the factory 1st gear it's painfully incredible how much better the 330ft is when riding it out to 8500rpm before grabbing 2nd.

A longer 1st is gonna help traction with the torquey engine as well as provide less rpm drop going to 2nd and help get it out of the hole.

·
Super Moderator
6,586 Posts
It's gonna be MUCH better.
With the factory 1st gear it's painfully incredible how much better the 330ft is when riding it out to 8500rpm before grabbing 2nd.

A longer 1st is gonna help traction with the torquey engine as well as provide less rpm drop going to 2nd and help get it out of the hole.
Oh yes, I know, would love it for my SC build.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is this a 1 time deal with them or after this will they be made to order
So long as this gets off the ground, they will be made to order.
This price (and payment structure), however, is a one-time deal. After that they will only be available at MSRP paid in full before production.

Reactions: Tritton
1 - 20 of 26 Posts