A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for sometime now I have had an oil leak that usually only appears under load. I had the motor resealed and it was still leaking. Bill thought it was a hairline crack in the timing cover somewhere. We looked around back in November and couldn't find anything. It's hard to tell because where ever this leak is, it gets onto the belt and the belt tosses it everywhere (up top, under neath, in wheel-well)...so it makes it really hard to pinpoint.

Now, today I just happened to take a deep look on my own up top. I don't know what this part is called, but I was looking closely at it. For a second it looks like it's suppose to have like a separation in it where you can glue it on. But then I looked a little closer at one side and see that the separation look very awkward. I'm pretty sure it's a crack and you can kind of see oil seaping from it but it's sort of dry...it's hard to tell if oil got thrown on it or it came from it. The leak only happenes under load. It was hard to get a good shot due to all the shit in the way, but I suppose anyone who knows a QR knows what they are looking at. Any input?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it's the timing chain cover...but I thought that little circular section might have a specific name.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm dealing with the same problem just replaced the timing components on my 2005 spec v and good grief I should of just rebuilt the damn thing, but I can't figure out where the oil leak is I know it's coming from behind the passenger motor mount
Bracket, and running down the timing cover and making appear it's coming from the main seal but I had just changed it and looked further and illuminated that, so I was thinking crack but checked everything really well, u didn't realize this car was going to infuriate me and at the same time not let me part with it lol going back out to look further any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Administrator
6,688 Posts
The seal to your solenoid in the cam cover may be bad or the bottom bolt of the cam cover is missing. Cam cover could be warped. There is also a center"ish" bolt that has an o-ring on the inside of one of the covers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts