A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see if anyone had information on if oil pressure switches go bad frequently on Spec V's? I was driving to work this morning and noticed that my oil pressure light would pop on then off, and my gauge would go from 0-120 and back to 0 repetitively until it just stopped working altogether. With that being said...I stopped, checked fluids and did not notice any leaks, and knocks, or any noticeable loss of fluid. I've read here, and on other forums that the oil pressure switch can go bad. Would this be a likely accurate solution? Also, I've looked at Advanceautosharts and found one for 6 bucks, another for 80...anyone know what they should cost? I haven't had a chance to run by the parts store to look at it and confirm. I also refuse to order parts online anymore because they always fk them up. I ordered new pads and rotors only to find out they sent me parts for a SE-R, instead of a Spec V.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, so I was able to check the car out and the oil pressure switch is toast. Apparently it just decided to take a crap as soon as it hit about 43 out yesterday. With that being said, I also was able to find out what the Oil Pressure Switch looks like and it's cost. Anyone have a used one for sale?

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
Typo from my phone I didn't catch, if it's the same as the b15

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I started this thread 3 months ago about having issues with the Oil Pressure switch and guess what? I'm sorry to reference Independence Day but...I'm baaaaaack. I've replaced the sensor multiple times now and the sensor keeps dying. I've had a shop look at my oil pressure and it appears that my pressure is great so I don't have a failing oil pump. I'm going to get the part number of the sensor I'm getting because I think it's something to do with getting the wrong one as they are coming directly from Nissan (I try to buy OEM for sensors as I've had several cars that would just completely reject aftermarket parts). I will grab the part number later, but I wanted to clarify if anyone if they've had an issue like this. I read on Allsentra that it's pretty common for parts stores to send the oil pressure sensor/switch for the Nissan Frontier instead of the Spec because although they work, they don't get the luxury of a ''floating'' or active gauge like we do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts