A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
i was think on the lines of copy and paste. copy the data on the onginel chip and pasting it to the new one. but finding one that works like OG one. just food for though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Referring to the ini script that runs all of the commands instead of me typing them one by one.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Look in the nisprog folder. They're in there already .... open the ini file in a text editor and it has an explanation along with examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
OK fellas, anyone following (well trying to) this thread, bookmark these links for the next time the thread vanishes :

Nissan subforum on RomRaider

nisprog builds ,
kernel required for reflashing , (quit asking me about compiling the kernel, it's *already* compiled in that repo for convenience and great justice ! )

murphys_law 's collection of XML defs for RR I submit my own contributions to his repo so at the moment it's the completest, most better collection of defs I'm aware of.

Nissan ECU wiki I maintain. For the nitty gritty stuff; not really "required reading"

I think that covers the basics... oh yeah the tutorial videos made by murph a few weeks back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awEj4pg2TQc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Q9oynK964

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Here comes the Taco engines.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
i'm trying to connect to the my ecu

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I got the ECU dumped.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does anyone have original codes for the ecu on the 02 Sentra spec v? I want to flash it to the most updated version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
My plan to replace my ECU (probable bad pin for O2 heater circuit in the current ECU):
1. Download JWT flash from ECU ("ECU/JWT"), remove from car.
2. Install a different ECU/stock ("ECU/Stock") into car.
3. Download ECU/Stock map.
4. Upload ECU/JWT map to ECU/Stock.
5. See if the new ECU/JWT works.
(5a. play with maps and see if I can improve tune)

A lot of questions:

1. I thought I read somewhere that I need a Windows 7 32 bit machine? Is that right? I borrowed what has to be the slowest Win7 machine in existence. I've spent a solid 45 minutes simply trying to get to these forum pages to download the various files (killed every process I could to speed up machine). When I finally got the download files I found I couldn't open the zipped files, and the machine is so slow that Googling is useless (10 seconds to switch tab content after switching tabs). So do I really need a Win7 32 bit, or if not what would work?

(I'm typing this on my Mac laptop)

2. I take it the only way to do this is to connect the k-line cable to the car. I do have a Win 7 machine but it's 64 bit, weighs a metric ton, is implanted deep in a shelving unit, and I don't feel like dragging it/monitor/etc to the garage. Plus if there's a power spike or whatever the PC will shut down unless I also drag one of my UPSs into the garage. A laptop would be better, but I don't have any Windows laptops.

3. I suppose I could build a Linux machine but it's been 10+ years, I don't feel like it, etc, but if I could build or source one would that work?

I guess the basic questions:
1. What OS would work?
2. Can I do a 64 bit or does it need to be 32 bit?
3. How important is processor speed? The 1.6 GHz Win7 machine is so slow that I touch the touchpad and wait 30-60 seconds to see what happens, otherwise it opens multiple windows/tabs/etc because I inadvertently touch/swipe stuff. I don't want to brick an ECU because I didn't buy a $400 laptop.
4. How big are the unzipped files? I figure if necessary I can email or USB them to whatever Windows machine, but I still need to unzip them.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts