A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching the thread and reading(without registering until today), and come back today and its gone?

Anyone know what happened?

It still shows up when I click on the subforum, but it seems someone deleted it?

I took a quick screen of it for reference, and its attached.

EDIT

Thread was here:
http://www.b15u.com/threads/51874-open-source-ECU-reflash-solution

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,694 Posts
you are correct, I just posted the link, I didnt read it, but I had been following the one you are talking about. I dont know it its the site, or the site management, some threads have been disappearing and coming back later for some reason. I think it takes a moderator to delete a whole thread, I dont think us normal plebes can do so. He may have asked a mod to delete it tho, IF he had decided not to release the software as open source. I'm curious as to why its gone now as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,694 Posts
Hi guys, just saw this - yeah I contacted admins about it. I'm totally puzzled by the whole thing.

I certainly didn't ask to remove the thread, and besides it would be way too late not to release the source code - it's been online for a few weeks already in my Github repos : ))

http://github.com/fenugrec/nisprog
http://github.com/fenugrec/npkern
I would assume no cease and desist orders either? that happens a lot with programming, if they can prove your code 'appears' to be copied from some other copyrighted source.... but since you posted I doubt thats the case. that was actually my first thought when I seen that the thread was no longer there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would assume no cease and desist orders either? that happens a lot with programming, if they can prove your code 'appears' to be copied from some other copyrighted source.... but since you posted I doubt thats the case. that was actually my first thought when I seen that the thread was no longer there.
I'm betting some overzealous admin did it. Maybe a vendor was crying about it taking away their sales.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but I see no other reason why it would have gotten deleted out of thin air.

·
39,045 Posts
Was it the thread where CloudSpec or someone said that they would like to work with you?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Was it the thread where CloudSpec or someone said that they would like to work with you?
Yes that's the one, CloudSpecV posted in there as did a few others. There was talk of how 02-03 ECUs weren't well supported by most tuning / reflash providers, etc.

I just don't get why the silence about the deletion - no warning or explanation, not even a "please STFU because whatever" message or simply just locking the thread.
Anyway, here we are talking about it again, so I wonder if this thread is also going to get vaporized ? heh.

If I suddenly disappear altogether, I should still exist on the RomRaider software forums and a few other places P)

·
39,045 Posts
Time will tell. But that would be suspicious though.

I wonder if it was moved to another section?

·
39,045 Posts
I'm trying to think that it was moved rather than deleted.
If it was deleted, then that is indeed messed up.

·
39,045 Posts
I post too damn much, so filtering through mine to find it will be a pain.
But I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
2k2SpecV : thanks for checking. I'm sure you won't find it - the forum search function only turns up a dead link to the original thread.
SoundEfx if you go to my user profile, you can quickly see my handful of recent posts, with no trace of the orig thread -- probably faster than filtering your monster 33k posts P)

·
39,045 Posts
he has a SLIGHT problem... a tiny obsession, as it were... shhhhh
What do you mean 'slight'? I go all out... all day every day.....lol

·
39,045 Posts
Have you tried contacting an Admin?

·
39,045 Posts
There is a special AG Admin thread to report errors, so you can try there.
Or you can just tell Dave to harass them......lol

1 - 20 of 77 Posts