A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OK, orig thread is back. Thanks for convincing me I haven't totally lost it yet P)
@ murph maybe since you created the thread you can close / lock / flag it ?
I looked and couldn't find an option, otherwise I would have. Maybe someone else knows how, I'm not seeing it in any obvious place.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Just thinking here Fen...

Why not create an all-in-one Complete Nisprog version that allows editing,dumping, and reflashing with ease.

Then Charge for the Software, instead of asking for contributions.

Keep it by disc, include cable, and restrict it to Only two locations.

User Friendliness is the key here

Not to mention,we can help with modded roms,and stock roms to give you.

You have a market here that hasnt been touched, not without old ways or expensive conversions to Uprev or Standalone.

Id gladly pay $1-200 for such a thing, as would most B15 GUYS.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's from an 02 spec-v.
haha wrong ! 8U92A is from my own 04 Spec V (same mcu type as 01-03 ECUs for some reason)

@CloudSpecV : lots of reasons... I won't get into that here & now though.

"lots of guys would pay 1-200$"
Then, what I'm offering is a killer deal. If there's just a few guys that are willing to pay that 100$, I'm releasing the kernel for free, which lowers the barrier of entry for people like myself who would otherwise not buy dedicated software for this, but can certainly contribute to defs and general knowledge. You don't really get that sharing effect with closed source commercial solutions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
haha wrong ! 8U92A is from my own 04 Spec V (same mcu type as 01-03 ECUs for some reason)

Then, what I'm offering is a killer deal. If there's just a few guys that are willing to pay that 100$, I'm releasing the kernel for free, which lowers the barrier of entry for people like myself who would otherwise not buy dedicated software for this, but can certainly contribute to defs and general knowledge. You don't really get that sharing effect with closed source commercial solutions.
Woops. Forgot which one I posted in this old thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
908 Posts

It is for us, who can figure it out and are tech savvy...

But when you ask them to enter commands in a CMD window and to figure out what rom is which from a different standard then what they are used too...well..
I think you over estimate the B15 community hahaha

but i get your point

·
Registered
908 Posts
The thread STILL hasn't came back!

Sent From My HTC 10 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
908 Posts
We need it to be stickies already

Sent From My HTC 10 via Tapatalk