A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a B15 SE-R Spec V. I just wanted to see your guys opinions on this topic. The way i want to go with my sentra is a bit outrageous but its different from most of where I'm from with all these subie's and honda's. All i get is negativity from this topic when talked to other B15 owners like "Oh wheels are too wide" "your fitment wont be right" you cant run a x10 wheel on that body style" so on and so forth. also this is my first post, so it might not end up in the right spot. just wanted some opinions. Thanks! - Aqua Blue Spec V

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I currently own a B15 SE-R Spec V. I just wanted to see your guys opinions on this topic. The way i want to go with my sentra is a bit outrageous but its different from most of where I'm from with all these subie's and honda's. All i get is negativity from this topic when talked to other B15 owners like "Oh wheels are too wide" "your fitment wont be right" you cant run a x10 wheel on that body style" so on and so forth. also this is my first post, so it might not end up in the right spot. just wanted some opinions. Thanks! - Aqua Blue Spec V
Why? What are you trying to achieve?

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
stance seems to have become synonymous with non functional

not necessarily so

after all,
all race cars are moderately stanced

and i like to think mine has some stance
at times

the hellaflush people just widened my eyes on how wide a wheel could be fitted
due to them i'm running a 3" wider track and 9" wheels

but when it goes to extremes and you really can't drive the car

i just think show car queen
towed and displayed

lots of race cars that way too
DSCN1084 by Barry, on Flickr

and stance is way older than you may think

people complain, mexiflush, tires stick beyond fenders
how bout no fenders

soso
just a new generation of haters

how bout that older phrase book

live and let live
different strokes for different folks
everybody gots their own vibe
whatever turns you on
it's a free country

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
If you daily drive your car on public roads keep it safe. Failures do to excessively cambered and stretched tires, body parts falling off, having to go slower or stomping on break when you approaching a bump, damaged body parts falling off and damaging other vehicles is not a good thing for the safety of others. Those things cause others harm. If your making a show car or for track performance its a different story.
http://jalopnik.com/this-is-what-happens-when-stanced-cars-go-wrong-1588599340
Nothing cool about this it only provides entertainment for others. Imagine your family hitting a body kit on the highway at 70 mph. By any means keep it safe

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
now that video contrasts well with this one
lowered 2.25"

jump dem driveways
Done the right way. I really enjoyed the other vid. When it becomes a pissing match just to be one ups with peers That's when its a problem.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
honestly it wasn't the car
lol

if the driver botherd to look at the driveway
there would have been no attempt

it's the lack of the driver mod
that makes it crazy

i'm running r-comps on the street

watch the weather like a hawk
and if rainy, stay home and bitch and squawk

limited use car
and a light rain is fine

but a big storm, i park the car
go to a movie or catch lunch
if caught out

and if not above 50*f
car ussually stays in the garage

ah but once there was a time
that rain tires were also mine

and i could churn and burn
instead of dine and yearn

smaller narrower, they cut the water
with channels reaching ground shorter

a set of these is in order
imo

think extreme
a 7" set with dot hoosier rain tires
lol

Just fooling around here
we all know Jon is right

brain function 1st
then mod all you want

but remember
engage brain before clutch

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've had a car that could be considered stanced.

IMO, you get over it pretty quick if you actually drive the car on a regular basis and it feels like a fad. Fender liners go so you hear every pebble the huge tires throw under your exposed wheel wells. You've got to plan out your routes so you don't scrap all the time. Your going pretty extreme so your tires will probably rub in some capacity. The large tires create increased road noise. And the biggie; you'll have to roll and pull your fenders so much that you can't run anything smaller without it looking ridiculous. So your pretty much bound to buying very expensive tires that don't always last long. It will devalue and lessen the appeal of the car if you want to sell.

Think about it hard before you do it. My view has become, "looks great! On someone else's car..."

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
i like the look of a so call Stanced look to me it fits some car very well. A sentra it looks funny because the car is mostly rounded and curvy lines.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Mmm race stance. Personally I dont like the look of any Stanced Nation'd car. Its all for show and completely non functional. I honestly dont get the hype about it.

But, Im not knocking the idea. Its your car to go after your looks. It is fairly difficult to fit fatass tires on the B15. Custom mods and fabrication may be needed to truly Stance it. Just lowering it works well as long as wheels stay under 8" with a nicely offset wheel. Good luck and I hope your wallet wont hate you too much.

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition
26 Posts
This is going to sound stupid and super cliche....

it’s your car. Do what you want. If people don’t like what you like what’s it matter? Go have fun with YOUR car.

if you really want my opinion. I’m not a fan of camber. But who cares? A lot of people aren’t a fan of stickerbomb but I still have it on my car.

and who knows maybe everyone you meet online says they don’t like it but everyone in real life says they do?

tbh. It’s your car and your money. Do what you want.

·
Super Moderator
5,722 Posts
This is going to sound stupid and super cliche....

it’s your car. Do what you want. If people don’t like what you like what’s it matter? Go have fun with YOUR car.

if you really want my opinion. I’m not a fan of camber. But who cares? A lot of people aren’t a fan of stickerbomb but I still have it on my car.

and who knows maybe everyone you meet online says they don’t like it but everyone in real life says they do?

tbh. It’s your car and your money. Do what you want.
Must have been searching around for some info cause this thread is and the last post is 4 years old, just check the dates next time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts