A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Sounds like the seller deleted the codes right before selling, and swapped the plugs to help with the misfire. Some obd devices actually show if the codes have been deleted recently via driving cycles the computer must do to be ready for emissions testing. It will show incomplete if ecm was recently reset. I always check those when buying a car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well it’s time for new qr25 engine rings are done.I found a qr25 with 50k and warranty for $500 around me going to throw that in about a week or two and call it a day

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Don’t really feel like paying labor taking it apart rather put a new motor and start from scratch

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
$500 is cheap for the motor. I paid $850 from a jdm shop. If you can do it yourself it can be done and alot cheaper and easier than trying to find someone to do it. Its not that hard as long as you are not rebuilding the motor. Shop engine jobs are usually $2500+

Sucks for your luck on buying the car. Rings are a common problem and I believe you were sold that car for that reason.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
$500 is cheap for the motor. I paid $850 from a jdm shop. If you can do it yourself it can be done and alot cheaper and easier than trying to find someone to do it. Its not that hard as long as you are not rebuilding the motor. Shop engine jobs are usually $2500+

Sucks for your luck on buying the car. Rings are a common problem and I believe you were sold that car for that reason.
Honestly I’m not bad about the engine the shell is clean and rust free being a Midwest car.The only thing that pisses me off that this guy couldn’t at least sold it to me for cheaper I bought the car the price of a perfectly good running sentra

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
Check your lemon laws, you have dated documentation, don't know if it will handle private sales.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Happens way too often. Ive seen countless buys of bad cars. Even got fucked myself for a motor on my older civic. Dishonest people dont deserve life.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Happens way too often. Ive seen countless buys of bad cars. Even got fucked myself for a motor on my older civic. Dishonest people dont deserve life.
Yes the owner approached me as a very honest guy but I should’ve know when I found he had just got the car November last year why was he selling it so quickly?? Oh well I don’t want to resell with bad motor so I’m throwing in a new one as we speak.Im hoping the qr25 i got from junkyard starts right up no issues and I could finally start driving the thing

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
The job is not that bad. Use torque specs where needed (flywheel etc). Wrok sober. The only hard part is relearning the throttle body. Might have to go to Nissan for that.

Really hope its ok. I would have rather you of went to an import shop because they have better coverage and they do compression checks before sales. But, Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The job is not that bad. Use torque specs where needed (flywheel etc). Wrok sober. The only hard part is relearning the throttle body. Might have to go to Nissan for that.

Really hope its ok. I would have rather you of went to an import shop because they have better coverage and they do compression checks before sales. But, Good luck!
I have a shop doing it for me I have no experience removing engines.I really hope they do a good job and my engine has a 90 day warranty

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

I have a shop doing it for me I have no experience removing engines.I really hope they do a good job and my engine has a 90 day warranty

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
So engine is swapped and running good.The car has a squeak in n cold start that I believe is coming from the tensioner pulley or belt and gets louder during acceleration but goes away after 20 mins of driving.The car also idles high on its own at around 1,500 rpms at a red light but then it dies down.Then I plug in my ob2 and this code pops up?? Could it be simple as an idle relearn? Never had this problem with old engine

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
It should fix it, it will also take care if that high idle, do maf and TB.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts