A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Background info: I modified an 05 engine harness to work with an 06 ECU that connects to an 03 body harness that was also modified...all to run Uprev on an 03

What has been done so far. I will continue to update:
Replaced both cam and crank sensors with new stealership sensors
Measured the signals and voltages for both with an oscilloscope and the signals are correct.
Checked the two body grounds (M28 & M54) for continuity and resistance
Checked power on pin 1 of the crank sensor
Peeked through the hole to see the signal plate is in tact
Verified the Cam and Crank signals are wired correctly

Other parts replaced:
Battery
Starter

After the car starts and I clear the code, it doesn't come back until I crank it over again. Car runs great besides the code...any suggestions welcomed.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you maybe have the crank and cam sensors wired to their opposite inputs ?
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it over again. I've been sporadically troubleshooting this issue for months that i forget what I've checked and what I haven't. I finally started documenting everything that I'm doing so I make the most out of the time I do have to work on it.

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
I assume it has the correct signal plate on the crank

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
View attachment 173142

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it over again. I've been sporadically troubleshooting this issue for months that i forget what I've checked and what I haven't. I finally started documenting everything that I'm doing so I make the most out of the time I do have to work on it.
I double checked the signal wires for the camshaft and crankshaft sensors and they are wired correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Background info: I modified an 05 engine harness to work with an 06 ECU that connects to an 03 body harness that was also modified...all to run Uprev on an 03

What has been done so far. I will continue to update:
Replaced both cam and crank sensors with new stealership sensors
Measured the signals and voltages for both with an oscilloscope and the signals are correct.
Checked the two body grounds (M28 & M54) for continuity and resistance
Checked power on pin 1 of the crank sensor
Peeked through the hole to see the signal plate is in tact
Verified the Cam and Crank signals are wired correctly

Other parts replaced:
Battery
Starter

After the car starts and I clear the code, it doesn't come back until I crank it over again. Car runs great besides the code...any suggestions welcomed.
Hey i'm not sure if you've heard of 2jracing. they sell a harness thats already converted i have an 02 spec v running uprev with an 06 ecu they provide the whole kit for like 1300

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey i'm not sure if you've heard of 2jracing. they sell a harness thats already converted i have an 02 spec v running uprev with an 06 ecu they provide the whole kit for like 1300
Thanks, I was using one, but it doesn't look real nice and I started to have issues with some of the connections degrading and or breaking altogether.

Are you tuning the car yourself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I was using one, but it doesn't look real nice and I started to have issues with some of the connections degrading and or breaking altogether.

Are you tuning the car yourself?
no Joe sent it with pre tuned for spec v its been running way smoother than when i had the stock 02 ecu

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no Joe sent it with pre tuned for spec v its been running way smoother than when i had the stock 02 ecu
Got ya. I would just suggest that you make sure that the harness is supported before the adapter so the weight of the harness doesn't pull on the adapter and cause issues down the road

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Found breaks in the insulation on both wires to the evap connector. I taped them up, cleared the code and started it up and the code did not return. I did a few key cycles and still no code.

Took the car out a few hours later to run some errands close by. Car runs great on the way to the first stop with no light. Leaving the 1st spot the code comes back immediately after cranking. While driving to the 2nd stop, I crush my intercooler piping on the apron and it drags under the car into a parking spot.

This car does not like me...lol

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Found breaks in the insulation on both wires to the evap connector. I taped them up, cleared the code and started it up and the code did not return. I did a few key cycles and still no code.

Took the car out a few hours later to run some errands close by. Car runs great on the way to the first stop with no light. Leaving the 1st spot the code comes back immediately after cranking. While driving to the 2nd stop, I crush my intercooler piping on the apron and it drags under the car into a parking spot.

This car does not like me...lol
it’s a Sentra...it doesn’t like itself..nothing against you lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts