A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I did. I also replaced the starter and my small odyssey battery with a regular full sized battery

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Looked at the cam and crank signals again. The first pulse of the camshaft position sensor is longer than the other pulses. Does anyone know if this is normal? They are just about 3ms in length while the other pulses are just about 2ms in length. I do notice that there is a noise spike once in awhile. You can see what I am talking about at 0:14 into the video.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
So the only think I can think of is the signal wheel on the crank is not seated squarely, possibly shifted some how...where the sensor doesn't pick it up on one end due to it not being close enough but on the other end picks up a "strong" or "closer" signal...

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I didn't even notice that, nice catch.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The service manual shows signals to be 12V pulses and your oscilloscope is only showing 5V pulses going by the 5V scale setting
Thanks for the reply. This confused me a bit.

Pin 1 is power supplied by the ecu relay. When measured with the key on, I get battery voltage.

As you noticed, I'm getting around 5volts on the signal line, but the FSM says I should be getting around 3 volts and that actual voltage can be confirmed with a scope. Should I be getting battery voltage on the signal line (pin 2) also?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks, that was throwing me off!
Makes more sense now looking at the pulse reference in the FSM. This is my first time using a scope. A friend of mine lent it to me

21 - 28 of 28 Posts