A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I made this other thread just to get a nice and clear response from everyone and to make sure i give u guys extra details to help me out. Ok so my service engine soon light came on about 2 weeks ago. Took it to the shop and it showed catalytic converter blah blah blah P0420. My mechanic put my car up on the thing they put them on (cant think of name right now but we call it a plant) and he tapped my pre cat and it sounded like crap was in there thus disintegrated material which i have heard happens since there was a recall for out engines. Anyways before this my car sounded like it had a nasty paper bag stuck in engine but the noise stopped after i brought it to the shop and my mechanic banged it a couple of times with his hands or lightly tapped it. So now I am stuck between getting a NEW CATALYTIC CONVERTER which my mechanic said should fix both sensor and nasty smoke comming out..however i done some research and found that i should just get a header. Now i'm not trying to do o2 sensor mods and all this crap i just want my car to go back to normal.

So after this I was riding around this friday and my friends kept telling me smoke was comming form my exhaust, i thought w.e just cuz it was kind of cold but then i got to this parking lot and i got out of my car and told my friend to accelerate while in neutral and i swear to god at least a whole cloud of white smoke came out nasty. ok...so maybe not a cloud but it was bad.. its like my exhaust was blowing flour....So when i got home i told my friend to drive down my block to see if this ALSO happened while the car drove normally...and to my surprise no white smoke came out. perhaps i blew out all the crappy white smoke in the parking lot? who knows....So what do u guys recommend i do?

1) take it to nissan dealer and bitch about the pre-cat saying its a recall and ask for their help blah blah blah. I have 117k miles in car. pointless? perhaps.

2) get a header..i would need advice in this as i barely know what a header is and how to re route the O2 sensors..etc..( really dont have time to or want to do this but i will if its best choice)

3) but a new catalytic converter and wield it on for $125 at ESR performance. The dude said it would take away my sensor and fix my problem of the smoke and stuff..

4) sell the car as is as motor might already be messed up?

5) (fill suggestion in here)

Thank you and good night.

I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
1 pointless bring credit card with a very high limit
2 definitely get a header
3 f it you still have a cat under the car
4 you wont get much for a car that smokes
5 start with a compression test and then sit down and cry
good luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FML mine is just like the yellow one only like when i rev it not when i drive i believe. So what happens if i cut out old cat and buy new one? just get headers? WDF. *epic cry*

·
Registered
522 Posts
dudeeee for the lasstt timeeee..... if ur car looks like the yellow one... at this point a header wont do shyt... the damage is alreadyyy doneeeee.....are u listening.... U NEED A NEW ENGINE.. its as plain and simple as that... ur cyl walls are damaged... if u have a 117k on ur car and u had that precat in there that long.. consider urself lucky u got that far with it... again lol ill give u 1300 for it

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Do the compression test that was recommended. All cylinders should be at about 180, give or take about 20 I believe. If this checks out, an aftermarket header should be the next step. Skip the cat (unless you're gonna sell it soon, which I remember you saying you were thinking of doing), as it is useless to you in FL. Spacing the second o2 sensor is simple and $5 to do and will eliminate the SES light.

If the compression test comes out bad, space the second sensor to eliminate the code and trade the car in fast. Lol. The engine will be guzzling oil and will be useless in sometime.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Compression test and see if you lose coolant. if both are bad your motor is gone. About the catalyst converter, we told you billions of time + a sticky on the forum telling you to replace it with header. There no need to rewire o2 sensors of whatever. All you do is plug something onto the o2 sensor and you won't have any codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts