A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well took my car in 4 da check engine light and da dealer told me it was my catalytic converter that is mess up so they also told me its warranted by nissan which i was happy bout b/c i was quoted it would cost anywhere from 400-600 just for da cat only. i forgot 2 ask whether its still ok 2 drive until its gets repair?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got a question do i need 2 flush da engine and change my master cylinder b/c i was requested 2 do so & also if its under warranty?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o yeah no doubt, i just wanted 2 know whether it needed 2 b done b/c i just ordered powerslot rotors and hawk brake pads and wanted kow whether it was needed 2 change the master cylinder

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If your master is bad, change it. If not- don't f with it. And i've never heard of an engine flush under warrantee.

·
Registered
979 Posts
o there's no engine flush, after the manifold is replaced just be sure to continuously check your oil level. The problems with the CAT is that it deteriorates inside the manifold. There is no EGR system on our engines which means there is more valve overlap to compensate. With this valve overlap comes the Exhaust Gases and in the case of a deteriorated CAT comes little particles getting into the combustion chamber and ruining your rings and cylinder walls. Thats the long and short of it

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
well took my car in 4 da check engine light and da dealer told me it was my catalytic converter that is mess up so they also told me its warranted by nissan which i was happy bout b/c i was quoted it would cost anywhere from 400-600 just for da cat only. i forgot 2 ask whether its still ok 2 drive until its gets repair?
if ur cat broke up, get an oil annalysis.. chances are your burning oil...
and def dont drive it, u can mess ur engine, better yet, drive it and geta new engine! haha

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Yo mark, did you get the car checked at starnissan? Cause they said i was throwing the same code back at that dealership.

Offtopic: Chris did you happen to find that ECU?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts