A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My darling baby (02 spec v) doesn't want to run anymore :crying:
My oil pan rusted out and when I had my friend who is a mechanic replace it she said there was shavings in the bottom and then when she was bringing my car back the engine seized up.
I have another daily driver so I don't plan on resurrecting the Sentra. So now the question is what do I do with a dead car?

Currently the car is taking up space on my trailer in my backyard in MA.

The tires she is currently wearing are Potenzas (215/45 on 17x8 rims I believe) I would have to check what is on the winters.
The exhaust is a straight through 2.25 with brand new titanium wrapped headers, a brand new cat, and a thrush straight through midpipe to quiet it down a bit
I used a homemade ram air intake with a [email protected] filter... it was a really fun project
The suspension is Tein Street Basis coilovers (also low miles like most things on this car)
The front and rear motor mounts are poly with a metal insert so they are practically solid but the L/R mounts or tranny mounts are still stock.
All of the maintenance work I have done I have bought better than OEM parts so parts like the control arms and drop links are a little stiffer and more durable than stock

All in all she was an amazing car to drive. Faster than my friend's 03 spec in a straight line, and waaaay quicker through a corner. I would love to still be bopping down back roads with her but unfortunately... working engines are important...

At this point I just want her to go to a good home. I don't want all the shiny new parts I have like the headers/cat/midpipe/exhaust or the coilovers to go to a junkyard. I'm trying to decide if I should pull anything of value off and then scrap it or if I should try to find someone to take the whole thing. What do you all think?

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
Imo try selling it whole amd if it don't s3ll part it out

·
Registered
391 Posts
Your going to end up parting it out. The market for complete non-running modified Spec's isn't much of a thing.

There is a market for parts though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Agreed^^^^ I had a decent amount of money in to my car when she died. Trying to sell it with that total amount in mind is crazy. Just because I put 10k into my car doesn't mean I'm going to get 5k. It means your going to get 3k if your lucky. I parted out all I could. I'm calling a junk yard to come haul it away soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Fix it or part it out.

Would be a miracle to get more than $1k for a Spec with a bad engine.

Junkyard option is always sad :(

If anyone has an immaculate stock steering wheel I like nice steering wheels ;)

Anybody with Nismo wheels......or 5zigens.....or GramLight 57c.......don't send those to the junkyard!

You'd be surprised what little things people need and will pay for. Its really easy to sell any of the bins, sun visors, window trim....hell I sold a seatbelt

People often need ECU and or Harness. Various color matching body panels. 02-03 front even if not color matched Will Sell. Red Interior will sell.

Sunroof motors sell.
Climate controls sell.

You can get more than $1k out of a stock car with a bad engine. May take a while, but the money is there.

Sell it whole not running...good luck getting $1k.

Can always fix it. And keep it. Not an option for everyone. But is an option.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the steering wheel you want, my spec is a nice 06

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
I have the steering wheel you want, my spec is a nice 06

I'll PM you my number. Text me pics and price shipped.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Reactions: DaveSpecB15
1 - 8 of 8 Posts