A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

261 - 280 of 319 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #261 (Edited)
A flat four provides the Subbie sound.

And it would cost thousands and thousands of dollars of r&d to make us a sonically tuned exhaust. Plus then you couldn't change a single component. And honestly everyone doesn't like the same sounds

·
39,045 Posts
True. Just think about the amount of hours that went into the LFA sound ALONE.

The magnaflow sounds good and if you want to change the notes, play around with the length of the resonator used.

It takes money to get what you want out of your car and nothing is cheap.
The only question is if you're willing to spend it.

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
I remember when I was on YouTube looking at exhaust clips there was this one that some honda kids thought that the sentra was a subbie. If I remember correctly it was an aero custom side exit. I'm gonna go see if I can find the Clip now

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Pretty sure I have seen that and that car was turbo. Makes a huge difference

·
Registered
8,815 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

And it would cost thousands and thousands of dollars of r&d to make us a sonically tuned exhaust. Plus then you couldn't change a single component.
Really?? We couldn't change any components???

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
To tune an exhaust involves The Full Length.
Wouldn't be a big seller. It would be ridiculously expensive most likely. Because it would take forever and cost a ton of money to design. And 2j would just be guessing basically what to change. Yamaha tuned the LFA and they make musical instruments. They know what they're doing.

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #268

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
Wonder if 2j could make us some spacers with built in studs for 5×114.3 instead of having to do a 5 lug conversation.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Doesn't sound at all like a subaru. That's Honda kids for ya
Not arguing with you but I think it kinda does & I'm not a honda kid by any means...props to pfbspecv for posting a vid longer than 30 seconds for us to hear & judge for ourselves.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Disconnect one of your coil packs you'll sound like a Subaru Lmao

Seriously though my car with the side exit sounded like a beast when it was misfiring.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
False. Its the unequal length header design that comes with the flat 4 design that causes it. And it's actually an inefficient exhaust design. Listen to any Subaru with an equal length header and it sounds like absolute dog shit.
You could design a header with cylinders 1/3 longer that 2/4 and would have a similar sound to a Subaru. But again, not ideal

·
39,045 Posts
Who cares about ideal in the subbie world? It's about the sound.....lol

·
Super Moderator
21,694 Posts
Wonder if 2j could make us some spacers with built in studs for 5×114.3 instead of having to do a 5 lug conversation.
No need to reinvent the wheel!

As far as I know, the issue with spacers like that is how thick they would have to be, probably over an inch thick to allow for metal and the lug nuts to hold them to the hub, You can find them on fleabay, and all of them are way too thick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-4X114-3-TO-5X114-3-5-LUG-CONVERSION-25MM-1-INCH-WHEEL-SPACERS-ADAPTERS-/191053737142?hash=item2c7bb0acb6:g:neYAAOSwnDZUK4zy&vxp=mtr

It would depend on your wheel offset weather or not they would work.

plus, added unsprung weight, never a good thing.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
How about stocking some of the Transgo shift components for us "auto" guys(Sentra, Maxima, Altima & G20) with some 2J magic added??

·
Registered
575 Posts
Following that train of thought, sell those infamous auto trannys with an LSD? IIRC they came on some Canadian Altimas.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I blewout a only 6 month old master clutch cylinder today, had to get a tow.

Really wish 2jr would hook up a master cylinder that could actually handle the extra demand of they're upgraded clutch. I love my stage 2 clutch from them but don't like the unreliability it brings with installing it. The stock hydraulics have a hard time. Think I've said this before but o well

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I blewout a only 6 month old master clutch cylinder today, had to get a tow.

Really wish 2jr would hook up a master cylinder that could actually handle the extra demand of they're upgraded clutch. I love my stage 2 clutch from them but don't like the unreliability it brings with installing it. The stock hydraulics have a hard time. Think I've said this before but o well
sounds like you just bought some shitty parts from auto-zone. ive had my car since '11. since than ive put 12.6" brakes on the back 11" 4-piston brakes on the front both a stage 2 and 3 2j clutch/FW and have never had a problem. stop blaming 2j for a shitty part failure. thanks.

261 - 280 of 319 Posts