A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my quest to achieve potato, I'd like to spend way more money than necessary. Why would I do this? Just to be different. Just to do something that (to my knowledge) hasn't been done. I know a couple of people have said that they're going to put a roots or whipple style blower on their car. I have enough disposable income and no kids, so I might actually be able to get this done!

This will most likely be going in my 2005 bone-stock Spec. My goal is around 300 streetable horsepower. If I can keep a torque number bigger than the hp number, I'd be really happy. I will probably end up autox-ing the car but that has yet to be seen.

So, here's a couple of questions.

1. What size does my exhaust need to be. I'm thinking 2.5", but I've also been looking at the XS Power Header, which I believe is only 2.25ish....

2. Roots vs. Whipple. Do any of you guys have experience with recent designs of roots blowers? They have changed designs a lot in the past 10 years or so.

3. Does anyone know which car I can scab a blower from and adapt a little easier to the QR.

4. Injector sizing...I'm planning on 8-10lbs max.

Thats all. Any other info/advice would be awesome.

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Good luck in your quest! I know it has been discussed, and a guy from Australia had made about the most progress that I know of, the hard part, is designing a manifold, that is strong enough to support the blower, belt tension, and torque that it will be subject to. If you get to that milestone, its really a matter of getting the measurements right, and finding a belt and pulley design that will work on the qr.

Yes, you are correct, you are talking BIG money to get it done, one offs and fab time alone would probably equal or be more than my full build

which is why nobody else has done it to completion before, IMHO

Answers to questions:
3" exhaust, no doubt
Injectors, probably around 900CC

The other questions I have not researched or have any experience with, all my blower experience is on the old roots 6-71 and 8-71 models on big and small block V8's

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. Should I plan on finding a way to shoe-horn a catch can setup in here too? Its starting to look like I'm going to have to shove the battery in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
In my quest to achieve potato, I'd like to spend way more money than necessary. Why would I do this? Just to be different. Just to do something that (to my knowledge) hasn't been done. I know a couple of people have said that they're going to put a roots or whipple style blower on their car. I have enough disposable income and no kids, so I might actually be able to get this done!

This will most likely be going in my 2005 bone-stock Spec. My goal is around 300 streetable horsepower. If I can keep a torque number bigger than the hp number, I'd be really happy. I will probably end up autox-ing the car but that has yet to be seen.

So, here's a couple of questions.

1. What size does my exhaust need to be. I'm thinking 2.5", but I've also been looking at the XS Power Header, which I believe is only 2.25ish....

2. Roots vs. Whipple. Do any of you guys have experience with recent designs of roots blowers? They have changed designs a lot in the past 10 years or so.

3. Does anyone know which car I can scab a blower from and adapt a little easier to the QR.

4. Injector sizing...I'm planning on 8-10lbs max.

Thats all. Any other info/advice would be awesome.
I wonder if the supercharger from a 01-06 celica gts could be adapted. They are super rare but I've seen the rebuilt blower for $1800 online.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if the supercharger from a 01-06 celica gts could be adapted. They are super rare but I've seen the rebuilt blower for $1800 online.
I was working on a 92 Ford Super Coupe yesterday and noticed that the setup they used might work well. I haven't seen the celica supercharger....off to google I go!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just going to toss this out there, find a wrecked Murano/QX60/Pathfinder with the QR25DER from the factory and just snag that setup.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts