A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started hearing a pop when I get going from a stop. I can also feel the pop on the pedal. It's not a very big or loud pop, but it's definitely noticeable. I'm not sure what it is or what to look for so I appreciate any help i can get here.

05 se-r spec v

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Could be a motor mount or a lower control arm bushing.. Could be a lot of things actually. Could you be more descriptive? Where does it sound like the pop is coming from?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be a motor mount or a lower control arm bushing.. Could be a lot of things actually. Could you be more descriptive? Where does it sound like the pop is coming from?
it sounds like it's coming from the right side of the car somewhere under the hood. It feels like there's more movement than usual, like the entire rack and whatever else is down there is shifting when I take off. I was thinking it could be a bad motor mount letting everything move but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Motor mounts are pretty easy to check, pull the e-brake and put it in 1st gear and just give it some gas and let off slowly and have a friend watch for movement.

·
6,844 Posts
Pop the hood and rev the engine on neutral. Does it look like it's moving too much? It's also possible that a CV joint is bad. They can pop at initial acceleration off a stop.

·
Registered
61 Posts
check your under carriage bushings there flat, its like a divider between metal (note i may be wrong about calling it the undercarriage bushings)

·
Super Moderator
6,286 Posts
Bumping a six year old thread

1 - 9 of 9 Posts