A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently making a new intake manifold for the qg18de which will bolt up to the vq35 throttle body. I am going to do a before and after dyno to see if and what the gains are. This will be completed in the next 2 weeks or so. Im just wondering if anyone else would want to one, obviously depending on the gains.

I dont want to leak any specifics till the final product is done, looking at a increase of air volume of 30% and shortening the runners and fattening them up a bit to.

All the parts all in the mail at the moment. Just need to cut them to size and find myself a welder.

Idk what the price would be as of now

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm interested in seeing this, and the gains. Are you doing this with forced induction in mind? or just Naturally aspirated?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am naturally aspirated, but im planning on forced induction. if it helps with NA, it has to multiply its effects with FI. More air more gains.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Im definatley interested in this. please continue to keep us updated. if you didnt live in ny id love to be the test dummy for this...

I am assuming this will be a tubular design made from aluminum

and would this require us to port out the intake ports on the motor side?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its only the upper intake manifold. not the lower one. i plan on doing the lower one also if this one is a success, then it would be good to port the block side. but for now its going to be a bolt on.

You can port the lower manifold to match the runners but im not. new runners are going to be alot bigger, so there is no point.

·
Registered
940 Posts
sounds pretty nice. maybe after you find success with both, maybe a one piece? instead of 2?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a one peice would involve me and the fuel rail. i dont want that just yet. the upper manifold is simpler as of now. if i get alot of buyers ill definitaly get a build for the lower one. we shall see. ohhh its made out of 6061 1/4 inch aluminum.

ill also not include a pvc valve entrance, so if ur turboed thats a +

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4/18/2011

UPDATE: Got the 2 flanges in the mail. 1/4 6061 Aluminum, currently marking the cuts and bolt holes. waiting on the runners to get exact measurments for the runners.

so far with my calculations all the volumes are 30% largers, and the runners are 50% shorter.

The shorter runners will hopefully push the powerband up toward 5000 rpms instead of 3000 rpms. the dyno will show how it effects it.

the runners are due in on the 25th of april and the plenum is due in 21st.

still havnt looked at the intake mounts for the evap and brake booster. need to get those measurements to get the remaining parts needed.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i doubt it, its still a N/A so it should be fine. might need to be tuned b/c more air will be entering the engine. engine will probably compensate with its fuel trims over time. ill tell u how it works out.

i have some pictures of the work so far

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4/21/11

Update:
-Cut new plenum
-Cut and drilled the runner flange
-Recieved the runners in the mail

will post pictures later in the week

Next Step:
-Cut runners to size
-Cut plenum to fit runners
-Order bung for evap and brake booster
-Weld
-TEST

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4/25/11

Update:

Runner Flange Picture

Next will be to fit the runners to plenum and cut to appropiate size.

ETA on completion is 3 weeks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
4/26/11

Cut first runner and fit it to the flange here is a pic

tell me what u think. im gettin really excited to see gains, so much larger then stock. Started lookin into doing the lower manifold also, wont be as hard as i thought. only problem im doing everything by hand takes a while.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4/28/11

finished cutting all the runners.

Next:
cut the holes from runner to plenum, then the evap and brake booster bung.
then it will be ready for welding and testing.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts