A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for best answer possible. Car is consuming alot of oil lately. think the stock headers are still on. If I replace the headers now, does anyone think it will stop consuming so much oil? Or is it going to continue doing the same until the engine fails?

·
Banned
92 Posts
I talked to the dealership the other day, and oil consumption is normal on the qr25de motors. They say 1qt every 1000 miles is acceptable. You shouldn't consume more than 2qt before your 3000 mile oil change. I've owned a stock 97 civic ex and it consumes oil but not as much as the qr25de. Turbo it at 180k. My friend has a 95 Integra Gsr, and it consumes oil too with 140k on the motor. Most people I know who own cars that have some type of secondaries system so to speak (examples:CVTC, Vtec, I-Vtec, VVT-I, VVTL-I) consumes oil but how much is what I don't know. The only car I've owned that didn't consume a single drop of oil was my 97 Gs Integra (non-vtec).

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
1 quart every 1000 miles is acceptable?? I'm having a hard time believeing that. My Subaru 2.5l does not burn anywhere near that much oil at all and it's a 2004 with almost 80k.

·
Banned
92 Posts
1 quart every 1000 miles is acceptable?? I'm having a hard time believeing that. My Subaru 2.5l does not burn anywhere near that much oil at all and it's a 2004 with almost 80k.
Just stating what the guy at the counter told me. I'm bone stock also and I'm burning just a little over a qt every 2000 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts