A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys iv been thinking about buying a shell of a 91-93 sentra (2 door coupe) ser or xe model and swapping in the Qr25de into it.. sence i havent herd or seen anyone try to do it(as i know of) i think i mite try this route and give it a try. id think it would be a pretty quick car( even if turboed) so hit me up with any ideas and what you think about it

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
save your self the huge head ache Buy an SER model and Install a SR20DET, its super simple!!

My cousin has a B13 with the SR20DET with the stock tiny T25 Turbo front mount IC 2.5" 2.5" exhaust n some tuning and does 12.9-13.1 quarter miles all day long on drag radials.

Ohh it was cheep too LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i get or find one a ser model if im doing a swap ima do the sr20vet or yeah the bluebird sr20det but i kno what you mean but its a idea to do just for something different in a b13 if i find a shell cause i have a extra qr in rebuild now just thinkin of some opinions or options

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ve+t, PTE billet turbo, done.

ythe Ve+t sounds like a better and quicker car to project but mite try both and see how they turn out if i find 2 shells for a good price

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
why even bother with a det?? boost the sr, or just throw rods and pistons in it. eagle rods and weisco piston sets ate like 650-700 for the sr20, just throw a cam on that bad boy and youre set.

you can find a b13 but one in good condition is gonna be tough to come by

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why even bother with a det?? boost the sr, or just throw rods and pistons in it. eagle rods and weisco piston sets ate like 650-700 for the sr20, just throw a cam on that bad boy and youre set.

you can find a b13 but one in good condition is gonna be tough to come by

yeah ive found a fer but most are far out but if i can just find a nice clean body shell or one that needs little bit of work for a good price the the build is on

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
there was once a b13 on ebay that claimed to have a qr25 but there were no engine bay pics. hey be different, but just look into the costs before starting cause you'd hate to get stuck halfway.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Kinda off topic but your from albany rite? Am usally up there on weekend am just wondering if there any spot were ppl meet up or anything. I know there a spot on central ave but it usally dead

·
Registered
348 Posts
hey guys iv been thinking about buying a shell of a 91-93 sentra (2 door coupe) ser or xe model and swapping in the Qr25de into it.. sence i havent herd or seen anyone try to do it(as i know of) i think i mite try this route and give it a try. id think it would be a pretty quick car( even if turboed) so hit me up with any ideas and what you think about it

this is the first time i hear someone going for a qr25 swap, and is diferent from the sr20det/ve/vet or even the sr16. i like the idea of the qr25 swap but make sure you get it from a 07+ spec. more hp, higher redline and no precat problem. good luck with the swap and keep us posted.:cool:

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
It's been done lots of times. 2JRacing (us) we are doing it into our B13 racecar. Its super simple. The QR is far, far better NA than the weak SR20. The TQ will flat out pull a B13 like mad. And you get the super strong 6spd tranny.

When we get ours rolling during the summer months, we'll keep a post updated

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
The engines (SR20 and QR25) are very close in outside dimensions, so fitment will be like stock! It would be a nice swap

id like a QR25-T in a 240 (S15) the truck QRs are mated to rear wheel drive mmmm

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
remember the the QR is lighter than the SR, wonder what the front/rear ratio would be, probly not by much but may change the hadling a little

·
Registered
268 Posts
You know everytime I see and old Nissan hardbody truck (the early to late 90's ones) that came with the ka24de, I wonder what a RWD QR would do. If I had the money I would do this or the b13 idea. I have always loved the b13 and the hardbody truck. Both were real light compared to modern porkers the QR would be great because of the torque. Either way the QR is going to be ~50lbs lighter than a ka24de in the truck and @ least 30 lighter thant the SR/QG iron blocks in the b13.

(bonus: the truck engine in a truck). Move your battery under the passenger dash and you've eliminated ~80lbs over the front axle. I was always liked the way these trucks looked when slammed. Truck would be more straight line the b13 could easily be made to handle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kinda off topic but your from albany rite? Am usally up there on weekend am just wondering if there any spot were ppl meet up or anything. I know there a spot on central ave but it usally dead

its usually at kholes/ mc Donalds there thats where i go it usually starts to addd up cars around 930 10pm in the summer days but ive been trying to get b15s up there so many times im the only one running around there " i need more ppl to join me!'

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
this is the first time i hear someone going for a qr25 swap, and is diferent from the sr20det/ve/vet or even the sr16. i like the idea of the qr25 swap but make sure you get it from a 07+ spec. more hp, higher redline and no precat problem. good luck with the swap and keep us posted.:cool:

ill deffenetly keep that in mind but as of right now im ina build of a another Qr with highcompression and bc stg2 cams and values ext. but its waht ive been thinking to do it would thro off everyone that a qr ina b13... and like smokenjoe said its reallly gonna be a tourqe monster and it will pull away from the h23a1 in a90 civic si thats been racing my spec v and he puts about 2 cars every time.... so this is my goal to go for this b13 project qr

1 - 20 of 43 Posts