A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, Just from visually inspecting these pics I would say the rods look pretty similar. So as ppl say the QR on boost is reliable around 270whp as far as rods go, can we "assume" the same for the QG just in terms of visually looking at the rods?

QG18DE STOCK RODS:

QR25DE STOCK RODS:

Im just bringing this up cuz I was just looking at the pics online and noticed a slight difference. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Out of all the QG's that I've read on the net that have been boosted, the likely point of failure is always the headgasket. which seem to occur above 10psi. I've haven't read about any that threw a rod. I think there was one guy who lost pieces of his pistons (probably due to predetonation)
I read alot of boosted QG builds over the last 2/3 years because I wanted to know if I could do it.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
You should contact Tom Molnar, owner/designer of K1. He could and will make you some custom 1offs for a dam good price! (ask 2JR, they had a set custom made for some one iirc) That would be your BEST bet and you will never have to worry bout connecting rod failure due to RPM OR BOOST!! (within reason of course lol)

click here: K1 > Home

I have K1 Rods in my QR and have Gone to 20psi on a 50 trim No Prob:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
My QG18DE K1 Tech rods should hopefully be ready come August. If you're interested in a set pls email me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also I would agree that the limiting factor for a QG would be the headgasket. I have contacted several performance head gasket manufacturers to no avail and the best head gasket currently avail is the Ajusa MLS but I'm not sure how much power than will hold

·
Registered
30 Posts
Out of all the QG's that I've read on the net that have been boosted, the likely point of failure is always the headgasket. which seem to occur above 10psi. I've haven't read about any that threw a rod. I think there was one guy who lost pieces of his pistons (probably due to predetonation)
I read alot of boosted QG builds over the last 2/3 years because I wanted to know if I could do it.
I’m currently in the midst of turbocharging mine rn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts