A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
For those wanting to turbo the 2000-2006 1.8l Sentra that has the QG18DE engine.

The QG is not one of the friendliest engines to simply add bolt-ons to increase power. If you look to add simple bolt-ons like i/e/h unfourtunatly you wont gain much. Stock, the QG produces about 90-95whp on a dyno. With the basic bolt-ons (i/e/h) it produces around 115whp. Because of this going Turbo is the best option for the engine.

It has been recorded and discussed that the engine is capable of withstanding up to 210whp with no issues. Anything above that amount of power will require the internals to be upgraded. Also, if you plan on going turbo, be sure not to do it unless you have a 5 speed manual transmission. Reason being the automatic 4 speed transmission is not strong enough for the power a boosted engine will throw at it.

From personal experience turboing this car is A LOT of fun. But be sure to read a lot about boosting and ask as many questions as it takes for you to feel confident in what your doing. This is something very do-able, and if you google online about it im sure you'll find many doubtfull comments about going through with it. Don't let that stop you, many people had/have their doubts even about the QR engine and Travis was able to prove otherwise. These are all opinons and mostly from individuals who dont have any experience. So with that said ON TO THE PARTS LIST.

PARTS:(The following part list is general info of what is necessary to start boosting up to 200whp)
Turbo Manifold - Protech Fabrications made mine, their site is down so just call or email, the guys name is bruce.
[email protected] ,phone at 909 485 9535 (Tell them you want a Turbo Manifold for a QG18DE internally wastegated log style)
Turbo (Two top choices) - Garrett T3 Super 60 (I have): Kinetic Motorsport: GARRETT T3 SUPER 60
- T28 Turbo (A bit smaller than the T3 Super 60)
Apexi SAFC II - Ebay or site classifieds
Injectors - Racetronix - 621031 - 42 lb/hr Disc High-Z Fuel Injector=
Intercooler - (with 2.5'' Inlets) Ebay or your own choice. Mine is 26'' long.
AFR Gauge - AEM Wideband O2 UEGO Gauge - Monitor Air/Fuel Ratio with the Digital 30-4100 - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics
Boost Gauge - Tinted 7 Color 30 PSI Boost / Vacuum Boost Gauge
IC Piping - Aluminum 2.5'', get 2 u-bends, 2 45degree bends and couplers.
Spec stage 2 clutch - Spec SN572 Stage 2 Clutch 00-06 Nissan Sentra 1.8L
BOV - Your choice, I hade a Greddy Type RS, now I have a HKS SSQV 3
EV 1 Bosch Clips -
RC Fuel Injector Wiring Clips Connectors Bosch EV1 EV-1 - eBay (item 320405558680 end time Feb-18-11 21:54:27 PST)
Wlabro 225lph Fuel Pump - If and when you go over 10psi.
Boost Controller - Your choice (I have manual boost controller).
Hi-Temp Oil Return Hose - Hi Temp Rubber/Silicone Oil Drain Hose - 5/8" (-10 AN equivalent ID) : atpturbo.com=
Oil Return Fitting - Fitting, 45 deg, 1/2" NPT male to 5/8" single slip on barb : atpturbo.com=
Oil Return Fitting for Oil Pan - Drain Fitting - 5/8" Slip-On Hose : atpturbo.com=
Oil Feed Line - Oil Feed Line -3 - SS Braid 3 Ft. : atpturbo.com=
Oil Feed Fitting - 45 Deg 1/8" NPT to -3 AN : atpturbo.com=
T3 Gasket - T3 Inlet Gasket : atpturbo.com=
Oil Return Gasket - Oil Return Gasket - T3 or T04 : atpturbo.com=

NOTE: It would be in your best interest to get rid of the stock exhaust and put something with a bigger diameter, 2.5'' and up. I installed a Greddy Spectrum Elite exhaust and it deff shows a difference.

PARTS II (The following part list is general info of what is necessary to safely have 250+whp)
Pistons - Import Performance Parts - Nissan Wiseco Piston
Head Gasket - Import Performance Parts - Nissan Ajusa MLS Head Gaskets
Extrude Hone the Intake Manifold - The Honed Zone - Extrude Hone Powerflow
Rods - Pauter Part Number NIS-190-430-1405F

Keep in mind when modifying your car: Fast, Reliable, Cheap - Pick 2

Note: Here are some compressor maps for the QG18DE with different turbos set at 10psi: http://www.b15u.com/forced-induction-
supporting-modifications/5665-turbo-compressor-maps.html

Here are some vids of what my set up sounds like. (Not the best, Ill try to get better ones I apologize)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am from Bulgaria and I have nissan almera n16 wich has a qg18de engine.So, I think for turbo but,do you think that the almera n16 engine and sentra b16 are the same and guide for sentra could work with the almera!!!Thank you!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hello, I am from Bulgaria and I have nissan almera n16 wich has a qg18de engine.So, I think for turbo but,do you think that the almera n16 engine and sentra b15 are the same and guide for sentra could work with the almera!!!Thank you!!
Yes I believe so. There where a few turboed N16's back when QG18DE.net was up.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello, I am from Bulgaria and I have nissan almera n16 wich has a qg18de engine.So, I think for turbo but,do you think that the almera n16 engine and sentra b16 are the same and guide for sentra could work with the almera!!!Thank you!!
Yes I believe so. There where a few turboed N16's back when QG18DE.net was up.
Yes it will work. :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts