A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey Shogun,
What type of flange is on the exhaust side of your turbo? If you got a pic that would be even better. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
633 Posts
are these pretty much the same parts needed to turbo the spec v? what differences are there? also I think I read about having to tap a hole in the engine block to get oil to the turbo, is that true?

·
Registered
268 Posts
are these pretty much the same parts needed to turbo the spec v? what differences are there? also I think I read about having to tap a hole in the engine block to get oil to the turbo, is that true?
For the most part a lot of the turbo parts are universal the only main difference is the turbo manifold and the down pipe. And you can tap the block or you can get the nissport adapter or use an oil filter sandwich.

·
Registered
633 Posts
For the most part a lot of the turbo parts are universal the only main difference is the turbo manifold and the down pipe. And you can tap the block or you can get the nissport adapter or use an oil filter sandwich.
WTH is a oil filter sandwich

NVM I searched it. So you just install it between the oil pan and the filter? and then you run a line from it to the turbo?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey was up everyone I'm trying to turbo my qg but I want advice I seen it on the page of redline motive.com it says it's a garret turbo I just want help so I don't over pay or get robed any help would be appreciated thx

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You can build your own kit using your own preferred parts for a cheaper price. The OP got all of his parts for about 1800.
On the other hand, the "Turbo Specialties" kit isn't a bad price. I don't think anyone has bought that kit yet. Give them a call.
2J Racing is also looking for a QG18 to turbo. More expensive but quality is guaran-damn-tee'd.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You could piece your kit together like I did, wait until you find a deal on something and snag it up until you have all of the pieces... dont rush it and you will have a better kit than most of these "complete" kits and for half the price! Total I have about $800 in the entire thing and I promise you that you will not find a dual ball bearing turbo..like I have.. in any of those kits! Rite now, the hardest part is going to be finding a manifold, the tubular one I have, when I bought it, they only had 1 left and all of the company's I contacted before said they had been discontinued for quite some time. Joe has "1", but I am sure if asked nicely he would make another for a price! But once you have the manifold, the hard part is over.

·
Registered
351 Posts
2J Racing is also looking for a QG18 to turbo. More expensive but quality is guaran-damn-tee'd.
This is true. I think its $3800 installed. Wish I had the money lol.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Because my car is at 211k miles on the stock clutch I long abandoned the turbo idea. When I get another car and the 1.8 is no longer my daily I think I'm just gonna strip the living poop out of it and road race it for shits. If I can get ~180-200 pounds out of it I would be pretty satisfied. It'll even get to the point where the rear doors get welded shut and hinges and locks and all that gets removed. Why?
Because piss-poor attempt at racecar

·
Registered
351 Posts
When I get another car and the 1.8 is no longer my daily
Why not revive the sentra with a new engine and strip the hell out of it? Cheaper than a new car. :p

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Not as comfortable as a WRX Sedan...

:shhh:

·
Registered
351 Posts
:bigeyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry for the Random question but what size injectors should I go for my garret t25 set up on my qg ?? Any feedback thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wrx 440's... I have purple top srt4 injectors that are 570's if I remember correctly, but thats only because I got a crazy good deal on them and I dont like high injector duty cycles.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts