A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I found this that he'd written when first advertising the header:

WARRANTY:

We are proud to offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY, against cracking, or defects in workmanship. If it breaks, send it back and we'll take care of it! Warranty does not cover abuse (slamming the header/mid-pipe into something, modified parts, etc..)

If it's just the catalytic convertor, it may be cheaper to just have a local shop do something about it. You'll end up having to take off the lower section of the exhaust, ship it to him, wait for it to be fixed and returned, then put it back on. Your shipping costs may be close to what it costs to just get a new cat put on locally.

Are you certain your cat is causing you problems? It sounds like you did a few things to remedy some sort of problem.
Thanks in going to to local shop hope it's not that expensive.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Whoa,... hang on a minute before you go to that local shop.

It sounds like you're getting the P0420 code even after the header install. Is that accurate?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yah but i did my tune up and everything and from what is say in the mechanic with his machine. Point it to the catalytic converter by the way it been week now since I reset it the light is not back yet.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yah but i did my tune up and everything and from what is say in the mechanic with his machine. Point it to the catalytic converter by the way it been week now since I reset it the light is not back yet.
how far have you driven, the light won come back on for a while. before i had a spacer on my 2nd 02 i have a odbII scanner and i used to clear my engine light everytime i went for a sticker. sometimes it comes back on at around 75 miles but i have driven up to 600+ miles before it came back on.

·
Registered
290 Posts
how far have you driven, the light won come back on for a while. before i had a spacer on my 2nd 02 i have a odbII scanner and i used to clear my engine light everytime i went for a sticker. sometimes it comes back on at around 75 miles but i have driven up to 600+ miles before it came back on.
Right now bout 250 miles now.

181 - 187 of 187 Posts