A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres the numbers guys! What you are seeing is 4 runs...
Stillen Boltons with QR PRO - Performance Mode,
Stillen Boltons with QR RPO - Valet Mode
Stillen Boltons with Factory ECM Settings
AEM, XS Power Greddy Setup

Notice the AFR in Performance mode is extremely lean....up in the 14's and it STILL made power gains

Attachments

Reactions: yogi b and VspecII

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go SMT8.....its newer and the software is more user friendly

·
39,069 Posts
Good info right here.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No i need to figure whats causing it to become so lean up top before i do anything.....tuning it could cover up a possible underlying problem......the QR runs Richer than Scrooge MCDuck up top and the QR PRO is set to PULL Fuel up top because of that....the problem is either
1. there is too much fuel being pulled which after looking at the base maps i have, i find that hard to believe
2. theres too much air meaning i have either a vaccum leak somewhere which i also find that hard to believe since ive quad checked every vaccum hose i have on the damned car
3. Fuel pump/Fuel Pressure assembly/Fuel System issue which is what im leaning toward since i had a P0171 code appear randomly and thought it was my MAF since the last rain we had screwed it up but im thinking it may have been more than just the MAF

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The code should be irrelevant to the tune given there are other people running the same exact maps without throwing the code. Theres an underlying issue with my fuel delivery given STOCK the cars AFR are in the 11's in the upper RPMS and in the upper RPM the QR PRO is only pulling -4 on the fuel trim at WOT which isnt enough to cause the AFRs to go from 11's to 15's....given Stillen also engineered this to be SAFE i highly doubt they would program the unit the run THAT Lean up top with over +6 on the timing advance..... ill have to check my hoses and make sure i dont have a loose connection somewhere pulling in unmetered air at higher RPM causing a leaner than normal running condition

Reactions: yogi b

·
39,069 Posts
I just notice that.

When is 14's lean?

·
39,069 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Wait, guys are paying $520 for what amounts to an AFC? I didn't realize the 02 market was that hard up for a tuning solution.
Actually I sold my SAFC for 200 and bought a QR PRO for 100 and gained Timing adjustments and a tuning unit that doesnt rely on MAF Manipulation to create power

Reactions: VspecII

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
@mirrortints Actually the AFR with the QR PRO was normally at 12.7. I had an issue chasing down the problem that was causing the lean condition. Once i switched to an SRI for some reason the AFR went back to the 12's

·
Super Moderator
5,491 Posts
Knock sensor, 02/03 had an extremely sensitive knock sensor/ecu setting that would play havoc on output in upper rpms...outside of the fuel pump that is the only thing that comes to mind.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KS relocation was done years ago....leaning toward the pump myself

·
Registered
60 Posts
Actually I sold my SAFC for 200 and bought a QR PRO for 100 and gained Timing adjustments and a tuning unit that doesnt rely on MAF Manipulation to create power
That doesn't sound like such a bad deal then. I was slightly shocked when I saw the pricing with complete lack of end user tunability.

·
6,695 Posts
That doesn't sound like such a bad deal then. I was slightly shocked when I saw the pricing with complete lack of end user tunability.
Actually the QR-Pro is a rebranded SMT6, which was unknown to A LOT of people. SMT6/SMT8 are very much tunable.

Also this was Stillen and it was released back in 03/04 ish without any other affordable tuning options besides SAFC.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts