A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off, im getting a reman engine and turbo kit installed after christmas. I have a nitrous kit...
I am wondering...how hard can you hit a bone stock qr?
I mean, sure cams, tune, minor require fuel upgrades, but essentially a bone stock qr.
I don't have a death wish with it...lol I just wonder how much boost and nitrous a new one could take.anyone every hit one with both?discuss....
and if some one has..im sorry I missed it. I did see someone with a intercooler sprayer...also..discuss.....

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
With the stock compression, I think the formula for boost calls for a maxium of 8.5 psi or something along those lines (safely). If your reman is going to be aftermarket, I recommend lower compression pistons. If not. I'd just stick with 8psi and no nitrous. Better to sell that nitrous kit and get a meth kit to support the turbo, in my opinion. If your set on nitrous and boost, depends on what you plan on doing with your motor, how much your using it, and how much you want to spend on tuning. Personally with both, max id see is a 50 shot.
Meth would allow you to run more boost, and make that +50 horsepower or whatever because of more boost when spraying meth/water. + Itll be safer for your motor, and in general more reliable.
Local guy was making 350 wheel on meth/10psi on stock block (before he blew a rod)
You godda pay to play.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great ideas and opinions so far.
So basically, 10psi and im pushing the limits of the bottom end? So basically the I should probably just guide a setup around 7-9 psi and try to make it as efficient as possible( size if intercooler/pipe, ect) and def run alk.
Has anyone gotten any numbers on a qr with intercooler sprayer? I don't wanna sell the kit I have .might as well put it to some use...
So. Stock qr with turbo and nitrous is a no- no.

·
The Wheel Ninja
2,113 Posts
Nate aka atomic guy on here used to run a 60-1 at 12psi on highway pulls, never had a problem from what i know. Also ran the 60-1 at 10psi daily... completely stock motor from what I remember. Ill ask him to make sure. I wouldnt be worried about running 10psi on my 50trim on a daily. I dont push the car often besides to merge onto highways but still not worried.... I wouldnt pass 100shot with upgraded plugs and a decent na built, i.e cams full exhaust header back... Maybe with the newer 3" header back combos there would be a higher threshold but that hasnt been tested yet.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
11-12 psi on a stock block with a good tune is very realistic.

some OG guys know that 15-18 psi has been done on a completely stock block before. one of them being a local from the vboard/msv days that ran 18-20psi on a 60-1 for months with just an afc tune on 93.

edit* not months, but like 2 years

·
The Wheel Ninja
2,113 Posts
now that you mention it, there was a guy that ran 17psi with only a block guard and meth... tuned on a safc..

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
60-1... what are you guys refering to there?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok..well ...that's fuckin nice!
I guess I should be a lil more specific. Im planning on getting the base treadstone kit for now. Im guessing a jwt tune is how im gonna go on that end. Any advice? Engine is a Nissan reman. 0 miles. Bsr..moderate cam...93 all the time. Its gonna be driven everyday...and beat on somewhat. Looking for solid dependable setup. Not looking to break any records just wondering what's the limits.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'd pick one or the other unless you plan to build the block...I guess you could run like 5psi and a 50 shot, but what's the point? Might as well just up the boost and sell the nitrous kit. Sell the nitrous kit and put the money into suspension mods...better to be able to put the power to the ground than just spinning the wheels.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was under the assumsion that cyl pressure and det from running lean kill a engine.
Tq is just a measurement of an output ...right?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But isn't cyl pressure directly related to the amount of force applied to rods?

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Run the turbo kit, and if you must use the nitrous kit, convert it into an IC spray. They say you can add 15-25 hp with that. I wouldn't trust running any shot on just a JWT reflash.

Thats my advise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts