A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run spray on the qr20 pistons? I did a search...but nothing came up.

Also, anyone know the qr20 piston part number?

May go with gen 2 specv pistons if I cant get my hands on qr20's direct from nissan.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
They won’t hold up well. You r better off with weisco forged 10.5 over the b16 pistons. Nitrous is a harsh hit. If u gonna build it build it right. Same compression as the b16 just stronger. I was going to do this build on my car then I decided to stay an ass hole and finish my boost build

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They won’t hold up well. You r better off with weisco forged 10.5 over the b16 pistons. Nitrous is a harsh hit. If u gonna build it build it right. Same compression as the b16 just stronger. I was going to do this build on my car then I decided to stay an ass hole and finish my boost build
I was not planning on running anything over a 50 shot. I was just going to put together a cheap HC bottom end for intake manifold testing. Then do some nitrous tuning testing as well with different fuels and such to see what I could squeeze out of it. I don't want to sink a ton of money into an engine that is for low power testing and research

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea direct port. May also do direct port meth injection. I have had huge success with the intake manifold I designed for the mr16ddt. So i figured I could try my hands at a NA intake manifold. Working on getting my hands on a second set of cams so i can have a custom grind done at crower. Ill run an OEM rod, since I can't see this making more than 280 even on spray and the cyl pressures shouldnt be insane even at a higher compression ratio.

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Lol before you know it your in the 10s.

I think thats still enough for me to have to go forged piston if youre essentially having 2 sprays. Just long term safety as long as the tune is good, for $200 more imo.

Reactions: silvabullit

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Forged right?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts