A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I'm pretty sure its possible and I'm pretty sure its been done before

·
39,045 Posts
It is so common that members tell the Auto people to swap to a 6 speed.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did it this past JAN..yes. You will need the 6 spd tranny, shifter cables, clutch, flywheel, clutch lines and res., pedals, cv axles. I would get new shifter cables and clutch lines. Also you would need to rewire the PnP switch so the car won't start in gear (only in N). Look up auto to manual how to from this forum via google for the 1.8 Sentra swap, nearly identical
http://www.b15u.com/sentra-specific-installation-guides-technical-info/17558-qg18de-5-speed-manual-swap.html
thanks, i got prices from courtesy parts, nissan parts zone, and tomorrow i will be calling my local dealership to compare prices.

The only other question i have is that i have heard there is a CV support bracket that i need? nissan part number 39780-8H310.

I don't want to drop $123 for a part i don't need.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yes the CV axle support bracket IS different, BUT when you order a CV axle from a junkyard, they normally come already attached..PM if you want to buy my extra clutch res and hoses, I have some parts left over from the swap, sell to you for very cheap :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The transmission mount for some reason you can't find other than the dealer, cost me like $90. When I ordered on rockauto and elsewhere they only showed the automatic variant..also, you will need to saw off the transmission mount bracket that is connected to the frame, you can grab a chisel and hammer away. The new mount for the manual will bolt in the pre-existing holes on the frame. let me know if you have any questions

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the CV axle support bracket IS different, BUT when you order a CV axle from a junkyard, they normally come already attached..PM if you want to buy my extra clutch res and hoses, I have some parts left over from the swap, sell to you for very cheap :)
CV axle i ordered was a brand new one. According to beck arnley they make a transmission mount for the 2.5 Manual, part number 104-1900

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Oh, well you may need to still go to the Nissan dealer, the part I ordered from RA was a B&A. Everywhere I look, they state "manual" for the part number, but the part itself was not the right one for the 6MT, for the 5MT yes, let me find some pics

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, well you may need to still go to the Nissan dealer, the part I ordered from RA was a B&A. Everywhere I look, they state "manual" for the part number, but the part itself was not the right one for the 6MT, for the 5MT yes, let me find some pics
crap, i found the article you wrote awhile back and it sure is nothing like mine :/ another dealership part

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
That was an OEM replacement part but not the actual...yeah return it and you'll need to get the $90+ one at your dealer, I want to write the people that supply our mounts and state that they are not selling the right part, happened to me with the hub and bearing from Advance Auto, Autozone, NAPA, all selling me the "right part" number for the SE-R, when it was meant for the 1.8's instead and would not fit. Oh yeah here is a pic, the one on the left is the Correct mount, the one on the right is the one you would get when ordering from other places instead of Nissan
MT mount.jpeg

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
And if you can go to the junnkyard or find another crashed Spec V, pick up a pair of pigtail ends, you will use them to wire the pre-exisiting wires from the Auto Harness for the PnP switch and another one, which I forgot honestly, but it's the other "how to swap" manual which I've updated the exact wires you need to use based on the FSM I used, and it works like a charm, car won't start unless it's in Nuetral when done right. I never bothered with the "clutch pedal sensor"
PNP and Reverse PIGtails.jpg
I know there is a salvage yard 90 miles south of me in St. Augustine that has a totalled Spec V, you may be able to call them up to ship you a set of these wires, that is where I got mine - (904) 824-0103

1 - 14 of 14 Posts