A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working in the industry for some time now, and have had the opportunity to develop a billet crank for the QR25DE.

These will be made by Molnar Technology and sold through Hughes Performance.

They will be built to spec on a fully counterweighted B16 QR Crank.

Only adjustments so far are a longer snout for the crank pulley / damper. Other adjustments can be taken into consideration. There needs to be at least 6 in order to get these built. Lead time is 4 to 6 months. (possibly sooner) i don't have a realistic lead time due to not knowing if this is even going to happen.

I have one person so far committed.

After the group buy is complete, I will send in my crank for scanning. From there its just a matter of time for them to be made and shipped to Hughes Performance which will then send out to each customer.

If we do not reach the full group buy this will not happen.

If we do, after the group buy is complete more cranks can be ordered separately each with their own specs. I mean full open design. Shorter stroke, more journal overlap, realistically endless opportunities

We will need the full amount up front, of $1600

I will then reach out to Molnar Technology again to confirm we are ready.

Payment will be taken at that time through PayPal to Hughes Performance.

DO NOT SEND ANY MONIES NOW.

Discuss, ask questions, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Dam this is sweet but Im sorry I cant get it :( Ive already committed to the 2j crank. Its gotta be pretty much bullet proof and able to handle 1000hp right? I like the other customizing options too.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have a 2j crank (I'm assuming knife edged is what you are referring to). Make sure you get it balanced before blueprinting. I have seen some balancing issues. Also the billet option, knife edging will be an option down the line. I'm sure most people won't want their fully counter weighted crank knife edged.

The one guy committed is a circle track dirt racer (I believe) and just destroyed their b16 crank. I think an ati damper probably could have saved them, but this definitely would help as well.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Eh been secretly debating this. I may end up needing it if the 2j knife edged is giving me fitment problems

Reactions: Tritton

·
Super Moderator
5,726 Posts
I want to buy but now that I definitely can't re-enlist only doing small things that i can do.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Whats the status on this? Im concerned that 07 2j knife edge is causing my current issues.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last count we were at four and needing two more. I will have to reach out to others to make sure they are still in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts