A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
6,856 Posts
I know I have no say in this as I cannot afford it, but just something that I would recommend is to look into the overlap between the main and rod journals as mentioned by Mike Kojima in the MotoIQ article that the QR crank suffers from but then again increasing overlap means that the crank would be destroked or the main bearings need to be so much bigger. As you mentioned already, the first batch would probably need to be stock stroke. I'm not sure but since they deal with a lot of cranks, they should probably be aware of this and maybe have some recommendations without changing the actual stroke to bring the rod journal in for the overlap. Or maybe that's just a problem inherent to the Gen1 crank. I don't know I'm not an engineer yet lol. Just food for thought. Good luck with it and I do hope to see one come out.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I know exactly to which you are referring. After the first one, I would like to get another one that increases the overlap and allows for a better NA , high comp motor. But theres so many questions they had but want a crank in their hands before we even get to that phase.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
I know exactly to which you are referring. After the first one, I would like to get another one that increases the overlap and allows for a better NA , high comp motor. But theres so many questions they had but want a crank in their hands before we even get to that phase.
I have oem b16 crank in my boost motor that I'm not using right now cuz I have to rebuild motor

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I have a stock B15 crank thats sitting and probly rusty. I imagine we want the B16 crank for the extra counterbalancing correct? The only other crank I have is the 2j B16 knife edge thats currently in the motor.

Count me in for now, but I only want to wait so long. Its been 5-6 years already. Aahhhh!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Replied.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Im still salty that we have 6 buyers but now need 8. Any way you can convince them that 6 is enough as originally requested?

·
Super Moderator
6,377 Posts
Any good word?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Goddammit. How can we get this in the works? Ill throw in a wad of belly button lint, 7 non wooden nickels, and a fresh out the shower left nipple pic.

Reactions: Tritton
21 - 33 of 33 Posts