A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Just felt like taking pics of some of the manifolds I've acquired. Interestingly, it looks like Nissan did change the design of the OEM manifold, as the middle runners merge together as opposed being separate in the earlier design. Don't think it did much good however. lol

One the Nismo's is up for sale and currently pending, will make a FS thread if it doesn't go through. I'm thinking of doing a dyno comparison between Hotshot and Nismo sometime in the future.

View attachment 59994
View attachment 59995
View attachment 59998
View attachment 59996
View attachment 59997
All you need is the AEBS and Stillen and you will have the 4 best headers ever mass produced for the Spec V.

I for one can attest that the AEBS is amazing. The powerband...is insane. From 2.5k on, it pulls and it pulls hard.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Just felt like taking pics of some of the manifolds I've acquired. Interestingly, it looks like Nissan did change the design of the OEM manifold, as the middle runners merge together as opposed being separate in the earlier design. Don't think it did much good however. lol

One the Nismo's is up for sale and currently pending, will make a FS thread if it doesn't go through. I'm thinking of doing a dyno comparison between Hotshot and Nismo sometime in the future.

View attachment 59994
View attachment 59995
View attachment 59998
View attachment 59996
View attachment 59997
HEADER HOADER!! LOL, Nice collection bro I would've took that Nismo but I don't have the funds to.:mad:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
All you need is the AEBS and Stillen and you will have the 4 best headers ever mass produced for the Spec V.
It's a damn shame that NONE of them are still produced!:thinking:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know this is going to sound odd.... can someone please post a picture of a hotshot header connected to exhaust (OEM if possible). The section where the two connect. Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is there a reason? It looks basically like oem.
It's almost uncanny. I've read two post replays from you both giving me shit. Clearly there's a reason I'm asking for the picture. I don't just ask for things like that because I believe it's fun. I believe that something maybe wrong so I'm asking for a comparison.

·
6,535 Posts
Wow really? You are going to go with that? That's what you got out of my reply? I asked so that I can maybe paint a picture for you. But you coming out all hostile, maybe you need to learn some etiquette.

Also let me know where I replied to you where I gave you shit cuz I don't even remember giving you shit. You asked I answered.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Actually, I just read that when I was dealing with some shit. I was annoyed and that reflected on my post. My apologizes.

I asked that question because when I installed my header it didn't appear to seat correctly. However the bay I was using was needed for something else so I have just been driving it like it is for the past day. However yesterday I downshifted to pass someone and it sounds as though I have an exhaust leak but only under load. So I would like to see a picture to compare.

·
6,535 Posts
Don't worry about it.

I don't have a pictue for you but maybe you can post up yours so that maybe we can see what your problem. I have seen my fair share of header installs in the 10 years I've owned my car and in the forums. It's possible that it's just the donut gasket that's worn out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Don't worry about it.

I don't have a pictue for you but maybe you can post up yours so that maybe we can see what your problem. I have seen my fair share of header installs in the 10 years I've owned my car and in the forums. It's possible that it's just the donut gasket that's worn out.

Actually I bought a new donut gasket for the install. I think what happened was the donut gasket didn't seat around the header correctly. Which would explain the odd look of the two together as well as only hearing the exhaust leak under load. I'm going to pull it all apart in the next day or two and insure the gasket is seated around the header correctly. That should be the solution I'm hoping. :ugh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are so many exhaust options for the qr25, how do I figure out what I need?

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
In my experience it all depends on what you want to spend on a header. Cheap $40 options will be cheap as fuck and I would just flat out stay away from those or any ebay parts. It would be a better option to gut the stock precat. More expensive stuff is made of higher quality material and actually designed to make power. The 2Jracing Madusa header is the best option for this car but will set you back $400+. A Nismo is the next best choice at market price of ~$300, followed by the Stillen. Other brands that are price friendly but better quality metal than any cheap stuff run ~$150-250 depending on the brand. There are also options in the DC header which includes a custom midpipe in a 4-2-1 header.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts