A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

QR25DE Headers

Tags
ses wheels
58K views 95 replies 40 participants last post by  bmxbikedude 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
SSautochrome

Nissan Performance Racing Products for International Sales from SSAutochrome Inc.

DC Sport 4-2-1 Race header

DC Sports 4-into-1 and 4-2-1 header systems are dyno tested to outperform all comparable header systems on the market. Extensive research and development goes into each system to ensure the best performance for your vehicle.

DC header systems are precision bent on our CNC mandrel benders using data acquired from our non-contact digitizing scanner. Our flanges are CNC machined, we machine-grind the flange-mating surface to ensure a leak-free seal, and use a robotic welder to attach the flange to the header pipes. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing process ensures superior quality and a perfect fit with every header system we make

# Every DC Header system is dyno-tested for maximum performance
# CAD-rendered, race-inspired 4-2-1 design emphasizes low and mid-range power for street/strip applications
# DC Sports One-piece design improves ground clearance and reduces weight by eliminating middle flanges-significantly lighter than stock and two pounds lighter than two-piece systems!
# 100% 304 Stainless steel construction including the flanges (polished or brushed), or mild steel with ceramic coating
# CNC mandrel bends with robotically-welded fittings deliver perfect fit
# NOT FOR STREET USE OFF ROAD USE ONLY
Megan Racing Header

Megan Racing

Megan racing headers are made with T-304 stainless steel, Mandrel bent tubing, CNC Machined Flanges. Each set is tested and dynoed to make sure the fitment and performance meet our goal. Each header comes with 1 year warranty.
Spec:
- 4-1 1 piece
- 2.5" outlet
- T-304 Stainless Stee with Polish finish
- Direct bolt on, gain more performance due to more air flow

Nismo Race Header WITHOUT CAT

Stainless steel header. 16 HP and 11.6 lb-ft peak increase at front wheels, equal length tubing, 100% T-304 stainless steel construction, 1.625 inch primary tube diameter, 2.5 inch collector, heavy duty 3/8 inch flange.
HotShot Header

OBX Header

Nismo w/ cat header

AEBS 4-2-1 header

Weapon R

http://www.hopupracing.com/wernise022st.html

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
thanks for the info

#5 ·
p.s. If you are looking to purchase a Megan header on ebay

One of the seller allows you to contact him through e-mail, publicly(meaning you can see the email address without being signed in)
And you can bargain with him on the price, i think he let me have a new megan header for 02 spec v for 200 shipped...so i guess you can get it cheaper from him.

Hope this helped.

#9 ·
lookk up the anti fouler method it looks fairly simple

#18 ·
A couple of questions...
Will changing the headers improve my gas mileage or decrease it?
Will they make the car sound louder? I'm looking for one that doesnt make too much noise.
Also,which is the easiest install? I probably will take it too the dealership or a shop to install. Know how much around they will charge?
Thanks guys!:evil:

#19 ·
A header won't increase or decrease your mpg. However if you romp on it all the time once you install the header, then you will see a decrease in mpg. Just drive it normal and you should be fine.

Replacing your OEM header with an aftermarket one will definitely increase the decibel noise. The increase sound is there because your getting rid of your pre-cat. Also, depending on which exhaust setup you get. Whether your replacing the header, a mid-pipe, a catback, or all of the above; will increase the sound even more. Although there are ways of reducing the noise level by either adding resonators/hi-flo cats/etc. to give it a nice subtle tone.

Most headers will be about the same difficulty level of installation. It really isn't hard to do it yourself in my opinion. Unless you don't have any tools or a friend to assist you with the install, then by all means take it to a shop. I installed my header and mid-pipe in under 8 hours? I'm sure I could of done it quicker if I had someone to help me with the install.

#20 ·
I agree with everything seeblack said except the header decreasing mpg.

I might be a one off case, but mine dropped from 24 to 21 mpg with only the header installed. It was the Megan and I am not sure if it is because of the sensor reading one outlet where as before it was reading from the stock collector, but it dropped.

Reactions: Gentlejax-RT
#22 ·
so im sure this is a dumb question, but where is the cat actually located on the spec v. i read that its on the header but then i was told thats just a precat. i need a new header, have a new exhaust, but dont want to throw those 2 items on and lose the cat in misguided ignorance and then fail an emissions test. help please?

#24 ·
The pre-cat is located on the header and there is another cat on the mid pipe of the car.

Most people use a high flow cat on the mid pipe and use a non cat aftermarket header.

But keep the stock cat header and mid pipe when you have any visual emission tests so that you can put them on when you do.

#23 ·
If it's any help for "MPG"s, I know being in Canada we usually go by xL/100 Km.

Before I installed my HotShot on the inner city highways I'd read an average of about 6.6L/100 Km going 80 Km/h for about 11 Km (length of the city lololol) without hitting a red light. I recently hit 5.4L/100 km.

I usually restart the trip odo. when I'm already at cruise speed every time.. So a minor improvement was noticed. When flooring it though.. Eek. Haha.

#31 ·
Honestly, I think that what people do is buy and aftermarket on without the cat but keep the stock and put it on for the emission test for looks.

You do have another cat on the car if they do a sniff test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.