A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey b15u community,

Currently piecing together a turbo kit for my QG18DE. Planning on tuning with an Apexi SAFC, however have a few concerns with the injectors.

Stock QG injectors are about 210cc from what I got from researching the web. Deatschwerks offers 440cc injectors for the QG, but those seems way too big to tune with the Apexi SAFC.

Correct me if im wrong, the stock QR25 injectors flow at 310cc. A little over 30% increase from the stock injectors, and would be a great set to tune with, without being too big. Can anybody confirm that the QR25 injectors will fit into the QG18 fuel rail? If not, can anybody lead me to where I can get injectors for the motor that are not too big?

Many Thanks!

·
6,765 Posts
All I can tell is that the O-rings used for the injectors are the same according to their part numbers. As far as being too small or too big, it depends on how much air you're gonna try and cram in there. 440's out of the GD WRX's work for the specs and they're plug and play. They MAY work for your purpose.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know they use the same O-rings, wonder if they're plug n play though. I have a set coming my way, I'll just have to wait and see.

I only plan on running wastegate pressure which is somewhere between 7-8 psi, maybe even less.

I've also read that the WRX injectors will work, but I would have to get different O-rings for them. I'd love to run 440cc injectors, however I'd probably have to change up the FMU to a standalone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,765 Posts
What year is your QG? If you can get uprev, then go for it. If not AFC should be able to work. Get a fuel pump as well just to be safe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's 2001, so the series 1 QG. What are the benefits of Uprev over the SAFC?

·
6,765 Posts
It's 2001, so the series 1 QG. What are the benefits of Uprev over the SAFC?

Well since you have an 01, you can't really use it. It's a flash tuning solution. Basically whatever your ECU (for qg 03-06) can do, the program can edit the parameters for them and run a tune off the ecu.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a shame there isn't many tuning options for this car. Do you know of any standalone alternatives to this?

·
6,765 Posts
It's a shame there isn't many tuning options for this car. Do you know of any standalone alternatives to this?

You can pretty much run whatever standalone you want. Haltech, MS3, AEM blah blah blah...the question is if you have the money to support those since they're bank with the exception of the ms3. You probably have to write your own base tune to get it started though.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Unless you are going for insane power, there's nothing a SAFC can't do for you. If you go beyond what a SAFC can do, then yeah, any standalone will work.

And don't go ask a tuner, most tuners tell you you need a standalone. And if you are asking about 400cc injectors, you are not anywhere near the need for a standalone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to know the SAFC is all I need. I'm not looking for big numbers. This is just a project for me to learn and to have fun while doing it. With some meticulous planning I'm hoping this will all work out fine

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
nice project
i wondered when somebody would get to this

uprev would have added timing control

no one, in my knowledge, has really pushed this motor

yet there there are people here who regularly auto-x it.
can't be too weak

very interested in your results
have fun

post a build thread
if it pleases you

and ignore the haters
they don't understand fun projects

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Don't wanna be a killjoy, but there was a guy a ways back who boosted his QG and it made less power than a lightly modded Spec V, so if power is what your after your money can be better spent elsewhere, but if something slightly different than the norm is what you're going for then by all means continue.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really only doing it for the learning experience. I'm not expecting much power out of it. As long as it runs fine or it doesn't blow up, that'll be enough to make me happy haha.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Found the hater yogi warned the op about...

Simply instilling knowledge, something the rest of you should have done before advising someone to spend thousands of dollars.

·
6,765 Posts
Simply instilling knowledge, something the rest of you should have done before advising someone to spend thousands of dollars.
Everybody has their own opinion on that. If your opinion is to not do anything to a QG, one who owns a supra might say the same thing to your spec.

He asked a question, we answered. If he asked if it's worth doing it, then maybe we would say the same thing you did.

Just FYI, the boosted QG (chimmike) ran around a hair under 200whp (19xxish) on its high boost (11psi). So it would still have more power than most of the bolted NA QR out there. http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64809

OP, look up Chimmike's build. I'm sure google will turn something up.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Everybody has their own opinion on that. If your opinion is to not do anything to a QG, one who owns a supra might say the same thing to your spec.

He asked a question, we answered. If he asked if it's worth doing it, then maybe we would say the same thing you did.
Lol, where did I say do nothing to the QG? And comparing a Supra to a Spec V is an extremely poor example to try and prove your point as you're comparing apples to oranges, not apples to apples which is what Spec V to 1.8 Sentra would be.

Just FYI, the boosted QG (chimmike) ran around a hair under 200whp (19xxish) on its high boost (11psi). So it would still have more power than most of the bolted NA QR out there. http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64809
I was referring to Shogunsentra, the first boosted QG on the forums, who ran 7psi, exactly the same as what the OP stated he was going to run and he was only making something like 125-130 whp. So less than even a stock Sentra. As for your 11psi, I think we both know that is not reliable for a DD and definitely wouldn't have any sort of longevity on stock internals.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
7-8psi should be okay to daily though right? The biggest thing I'm worried about is the head gasket going. Hoping it'll hold once everything is on. The car is currently garaged right now, and it might be until the summer when I plan on putting things together

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
7-8psi should be okay to daily though right? The biggest thing I'm worried about is the head gasket going. Hoping it'll hold once everything is on. The car is currently garaged right now, and it might be until the summer when I plan on putting things together

7-8 should be fine, I'd probably stick to 7 to be safe. Also in regards to your original question, I just scanned through Shoguns build and he ran 440s because the stock QR injectors weren't enough.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts