A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I've been seeing copper colored flakes in my engine oil when I drain it. The internet says that this might be related to bearing failure. If my engine explodes, would I be able to replace it with a JDM QR25DE? They are available at a pretty attractive price.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
You could. Just be sure it's not a restamped QR20DE. They like to scam like that. The bore needs to be checked. It should be 100mm. If you're ok with all that, it's a direct swap, I believe. Just reused your sensors.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
You could. Just be sure it's not a restamped QR20DE. They like to scam like that. The bore needs to be checked. It should be 100mm. If you're ok with all that, it's a direct swap, I believe. Just reused your sensors.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk
*Stroke

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard of QR20s being sold as QR25DEs, esp. JDM. Are there any other ways to verify that it is a qr25?

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
A tiny bit is normal. Any gen 1 qr25 will work. Just make sure its not a QR20 by checking the stroke w a long screwdriver thru a spark plug hole

·
6,839 Posts
I also hear the intake mainfold is different( qr20 smaller ) so if theirs pics of that
Don't go by the intake manifold or the starter hole in the back (although the starter hole in the back is a good indication of a qr20). The Presage has the small plastic intake manifold and yet it is a 2.5L. So the only real way is to measure the stroke.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Jarek What's off about it? Curious as I don't want to get a qr20 haha. The post said that there are no altimas in japan with the qr25de, but are there other models (suvs, etc) that have a qr25de?

Thanks for all the helpful info so far everyone.

·
6,839 Posts
@Jarek What's off about it? Curious as I don't want to get a qr20 haha. The post said that there are no altimas in japan with the qr25de, but are there other models (suvs, etc) that have a qr25de?

The Nissan Presage that I mentioned is a minivan that had the QR25DE. The website mentions the font of the Q is different but it is not a good indicator as the QR's sold in Japan, hence JDM has a different font than the ones assembled in Mexico. The QR25DE was made in Japan and Mexico.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess the most useful indicator of the serial is to compared it to a JDM font style, or to look out to see if the surface has been machined down.

·
Registered
503 Posts

Yes, the Xtrail has a QR25DE in it. Available here in AUS as well as Japan, UK, Europe and Canada.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts