A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so my car has had this issue since I bought it back in January and has gotten worse. I'll start up the car and most of the time it will idle fine, however, for the first 30 seconds to a minute it will have no power and very little throttle response, I'll give it more gas and it will bog down. Though, after about half a minute all of a sudden I have full power, no more bogging or bad running until next time I start it back up. So I cleaned my maf and it didn't help besides the fact that it runs a little stronger after I get through the bogging. Well, today (one day after cleaning maf) I started it up and idled really low and sounded really rough, also when I started driving it smelled like gas, after a minute it was fine...
This has really confused me, anyone have any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
5,907 Posts
I would start looking at the throttle body as it has done things prior to a code popping up on me before but pull any codes if you can. If that isn't the case it could be an electrical issue dealing either the alternator or the battery or both. Having the battery and alternator are the easiest routes as it can be tested for free.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would start looking at the throttle body as it has done things prior to a code popping up on me before but pull any codes if you can. If that isn't the case it could be an electrical issue dealing either the alternator or the battery or both. Having the battery and alternator are the easiest routes as it can be tested for free.
OK, it has a new battery and I have had the alternator tested in the past few months and it is fine, so should I clean the tb? I also think my pcv is bad cause ive been burning some oil but only if i go above 5k, (any ideas on that?) which could have put a bunch of oil vapor on the tb.. I'll check out the tb...

·
Super Moderator
5,907 Posts
Oil burning is some what normal, not something anyone really worries about any more form what I've seen for a while. PCV could be a cause if it is being clogged and really that is the cheapest thing to swap out.

When you clean the TB make sure you do a TB relearn.

You would need to down load the FSM to see how to properly test the TB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts