A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Any instances of the screws coming/ found loose on 06 SE-R? I just bought an 06 Spec. My brother, who works in a Nissan dealer service dept, ran the vin and all recalls are done but no mention of this problem as it was "fixed" in the 06 cars.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Unfortunatly, yes. They put a little washer on the screws but there still has been reports of them eating the screws

Sent from my G2x using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
im planning on doing this tomorrow morning. as i looked at all of it i noticed two things. 1. the bolts on the heat shield are rusted badly and wont come off. a 10mm seems too big and a 9mm too small. 2. there doesnt seem to be enough clearance with the fan shroud and radiator. what is my best approach to getting this done?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Guys, as y'all know I cant even install a intake without your help. So can i just take it to nissan and they fix it for me?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey Guys, as y'all know I cant even install a intake without your help. So can i just take it to nissan and they fix it for me?
I'm sure you can, if you don't mind paying Nissan 2-3 hours of labor or if you have inside hook-ups with your local stealership. I tried this once, and this was when I was still under warranty, and Nissan pretty much told me to get lost, unless there was something "actually wrong" with the car.. So, a buddy of mine and I ended up doing it ourselves.

·
Registered
30 Posts
thank you for the great write up.. i will be doing this this weekend.. here are a couple questions though..

1 is there a better brand for the replacement gasket? or part number you recomend?

and 2 i plan on gutting the pre cat while i am checking the screws, so if i gut it and cant buy the dummy o2 sensor for a while wil this hurt performance/economy? thanks guys

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
thank you for the great write up.. i will be doing this this weekend.. here are a couple questions though..

1 is there a better brand for the replacement gasket? or part number you recomend?

and 2 i plan on gutting the pre cat while i am checking the screws, so if i gut it and cant buy the dummy o2 sensor for a while wil this hurt performance/economy? thanks guys
Use a dealer gasket, I think there is an aftermarket one but it won't make a difference.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
889 Posts

http://www.b15u.com/sentra-specific-installation-guides-technical-info/4124-install-spark-plug-anti-foulers-remove-ses-light-o2-sensor-spacer.html

follow that guide, to get rid of the SES if it comes on. Worked for me last week.

oh and i agree above, use the dealer gasket, its like 15$ if that at your dealer.

also pick up what they call a "Bearing Seal" you'll need that for the precat to midpipe connection. Its a replace after every removal per FSM.
Also get the Exhaust manifold gasket, mind kinda leaks a bit since i didnt get one. But def get the bearing seal.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
1- the dealer gasket
2- those anti-foulers are less than $10 for the pair to put on the lower o2, i would just get them, save you the aggravation later

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
if you're sure it went thru the motor, pull off the exhaust, also check yuor compression as well in case there was damage from it passing thru. hope you at least have a catless header...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey guys, what are the symptoms of a precat issue? Im not waiting for symptoms but nobody mentions for at least know what to expect in case u havent done it

·
Registered
141 Posts
Does any one know the part number for the butterfly not the screw actual plate looked everywhere
No, Sorry. They are pretty small screws, maybe someone on here has an extra and can tell you dimensions or something.

Hey guys, what are the symptoms of a precat issue? Im not waiting for symptoms but nobody mentions for at least know what to expect in case u havent done it
SES light, oil consumption.
These will happen after your precat goes and it's too late. Better to replace the header (it's not that hard yourself) than rebuild an engine (much harder to do yourself).

·
Registered
27 Posts
So while changing my blown headgasket i went ahead and loctited my butterflys. They were all loose and the far right one was missing a screw and the flap was sitting sideways. I went and ordered the screw from the dealership. Had to buy a ten pack. As they dont sell them singely. I went ahead and cleaned the intake mani. Upper and lower. just with brushes. Do you think that is ok to do? Its not like a full P&P.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts