A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
So while changing my blown headgasket i went ahead and loctited my butterflys. They were all loose and the far right one was missing a screw and the flap was sitting sideways. I went and ordered the screw from the dealership. Had to buy a ten pack. As they dont sell them singely. I went ahead and cleaned the intake mani. Upper and lower. just with brushes. Do you think that is ok to do? Its not like a full P&P.
You coulda pulled a screw off gone to ace and marched it up

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Butterfly Screw and Power Valve Part Numbers!

Getting my Butterfly valves installed again and it was a pain to find the part numbers for the screws and valves, so I thought I'd put them here to save others the trouble:

Power/Butterfly Valves:
Nissan Part # 14513-8J000
Screws (Updated Version):
Nissan Part # 14511-8J00B

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, Sorry. They are pretty small screws, maybe someone on here has an extra and can tell you dimensions or something.

These will happen after your precat goes and it's too late. Better to replace the header (it's not that hard yourself) than rebuild an engine (much harder to do yourself).

Will buying a replacement catalytic converter possibly solve this issue? I am definitely getting the symptoms and just simply want my car fixed. Otherwise yes I guess I'll get a header(then catback exhaust, screw it) if it comes down to it, but I don't want raspy sound....

·
6,560 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Don't do it. I had a brand new pre-cat from Magnaflow fail within 12k miles on a fresh motor with new sensors everywhere. Code P0420 came on, I cleared it and it came back. I pulled the pre-cat and sure as shit, it was breaking apart already! Get yourself a header and don't look back. It'll save your motor....

The header didn't make the car sound raspy at all with the stock exhaust. Put an O2 spacer on the lower sensor to keep that P0420 code in-check.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stupid question and i know about precat. I just wonder friend of mine car may have same issue about precat. 02 nissan altma. Will it same issue as our or none?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I did my header replacement at 95k and the cat was still in tact but butterfly screw was missing and fortunatly didn't damage engine I ended up getting 244k on that engine. When I finally replaced it the engine was still running.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i bought a used car that the butterfly fix was done about 50k ago do you suggest that I do this again? or is this a one time fix and let it roll?

41 - 60 of 69 Posts