A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
How can I best explain this to a mechanic to fix? Is this a relatively easy procedure? I am going to print this write up out and bring it soon to a mechanic

·
Registered
17 Posts
Alright peeps.........what is the consensus on removing these valves on us boosted QR25s? I have talked to 2J and Joe himself and heard his thoughts on losing torque down low and to do the Loctite fix. Also heard about that baller B16 plenum kit, but I am not doing that.
My wrench/friend of mine really thinks taking them out completely is the way to go.

I am not only built+boosted, but I am on a 2.7L stroker setup. I don't want all of my daily driving city torque to go away, but after being tuned I'd imagine I will be fine without the butterfly valves in. I'm on a 5831 Precision; 58 trim almost 600whp rated.

Boosted QR25 folks thoughts?

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
2.7L stroker? More info on that please.

I am also looking at a 400-500whp build/setup. I have my butterflies welded in place and will be using a Hobbs switch to open them at a specific boost level (to be determined on a dyno). There are a number of other switches you can use to control them as well, but the Hobbs is pressure activated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought my spec v 2 weeks ago. Runs good and everything. So if i decide to take out the precat and clean it out by using the long screw driver... Will the check engine light come up????

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Yes. Read the first post on this thread to learn what you can do about it.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts