A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Getting the engine serviced/rebuilt soon due to timing chain stretch causing higher fuel usage and lower power.
With this virus thing it is taking longer to find a place that's open with enough staff to do it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Well put the Xtrail into the shop to get the engine sorted.
Compression test and leakdown test to see how the pistons and rings are after 200k kms (124k miles).
Also full timing chain, guides and cam phaser replacement, with blockguard and thermoblock intake spacers fitted.
Then it will be a NA run-in before looking at fitting the M90 :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,675 Posts
Hammer it straight and throw it back in.

Gonna get just new rods or rods and pistons?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Hammer it straight and throw it back in.
LOLZ

Gonna get just new rods or rods and pistons?
The shop will get me a 2nd-hand rod as a replacement and with the cylinders needing honing after fitting the blockguard they'll fit 20thou oversized pistons and rings.
The cylinders looked and felt nice and smooth with no scoring or marks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
The rod most likely got bent when I went through a deep water crossing and hydro-locked the engine because of my cold air intake mounted in the wheel well. All my fault for not doing the short ram intake mod to mount the pod filter in the engine bay as I had planned. After removing the spark plugs and turning over the engine to expel the water from the cylinder it ran fine with no noises so nothing was suspected.I have since installed a snorkel so the chance of it happening again is a lot closer to zero :)

·
Super Moderator
5,675 Posts
The rods are stronger then what people think they are... but they are not as strong as other rods.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts