A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 · (Edited)
Well the Xtrail is back, engine done with replacement block fitted, blockguard, cam phaser, full timing chain and guides, new pistons/rings, new exhaust valves, injectors cleaned with new seals/filters. Running it in NA for 1000kms over the Dec/Jan holiday break then start to organise the fitting of the M90 and upgraded 300ZX front & rear brake calipers for early 2021.
Wish me luck (y)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Nope, M90. Usually for engines 3 - 5 litres but not wanting self-heating of the boosted air I thought spinning it a little slower for the 2.5 litre QR would help. Granted there will be a little loss of efficiency but I can live with that given the cheap price I paid for a brand new older unit.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Oh you mean the s/c.

I thought you were referring to the brake calipers. You can use M30 (nissan leopard) rotors for 300zx calipers.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
OK, so driving the Xtrail for a while after the engine rebuild I feel the idle when in Drive is rougher than I remember it to be but smooths out when put into Neutral or Park. I can visually see the engine vibrating when I open the bonnet. Otherwise it drives fine with plenty of response.

Could the balance chain be put on incorrectly or could there be something else or is it normal for the QR25DE and I'm just being overly sensitive ?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Directly onto intake runners with mounting adapter plate. Can either fit directly if low boost or with water/air intercooler in the adapter plate for higher boost.
For you guys in U.S you could use a longer drive belt coming up from the power steering pulley and an idler to the supercharger pulley but for me with right-hand drive my brake master cylinder is in the way so I'll have to do an over-the-top style drive belt.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Damn, seeing this gives me hope on the my spec, yeeeeears down the line that is lol. Turbo is great but I like the N/A feel and whine of the supercharger. Ik there's procharge kits out there but its not the same as a roots or centrifugal

·
Super Moderator
6,579 Posts
Damn, seeing this gives me hope on the my spec, yeeeeears down the line that is lol. Turbo is great but I like the N/A feel and whine of the supercharger. Ik there's procharge kits out there but its not the same as a roots or centrifugal
Facepalm: procharger is centrifugal super charger...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
That's not a bad drive option for my M90 since with the right-hand drive the brake reservoir is in the way of having the drive belt come up from the power steering pulley like you guys can with your left-hand drive.
It would let me sit the drive pulley a little further back and even centralise the outlet of the M90 over the runners.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts