A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

QR26DE Blueprinted and Balanced Engine AEBS Block, Ross Pistons, Pauter Rods, Ferrea Valvetrain, Jim Wolf Technology Cams, etc

5K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  Crysler Racing 
#1 ·
I am testing the waters on selling a fully built engine that has been taking up space in my storage. It is still wrapped and attached to the crate that it was shipped on so pictures will reflect this.

The total build came in just under $10k and I have located the majority of the receipts as proof. My goal was to build a motor that would be able to handle 100 shot of nitrous regularly but the vehicle it was intended for was wrecked. My current Spec V is turbo and I never found the time to have the pistons changed and complete an engine swap.

The details:
Peak flywheel horsepower 315@6k rpm
201hp @ 3k rpm
252hp @ 4k rpm
Peak flywheel torque 425@2k rpm
352tq @ 3k rpm
330tq @ 4k rpm
Compression is 10.5:1
Balanced & Blueprinted
Polished Crank
AEBS reinforced block bored out to 2.6L
AEBS main studs
AEBS head studs
Ross Racing Piston Rings
Pauter Rods
Jim Wolf Technology Balance Shaft Removal Kit
Jim Wolf Technology Cams
Full Ferrea Titanium Valvetrain
Unorthodox Racing Lightweight Crank Pulley
92mm Head Gasket (do not recall brand)
Port and Polished Head with 5 angle job

I am certain there is more information and parts then I can recall.

I am open to offers. Engine is in my storage located in Tampa.

Tire Automotive tire Floor Automotive wheel system Auto part
Bumper Auto part Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Hmm 🤨 if you’ve got 10k invested and my decades of huffing butane and roasted brain 🧠 cells 🧬 tells me lowest accepted offer 6k to 7k and since its already crated you and you’re interested is elsewhere you’d prefer to sell it whole and with all things considered buyer arranges and pays own shipping...

Oops 😬 I’m out of butane so let me grab a can of Kiwi 🥝 shoe polish works the same!

#8 ·
Hmm 🤨 if you’ve got 10k invested and my decades of huffing butane and roasted brain 🧠 cells 🧬 tells me lowest accepted offer 6k to 7k and since its already crated you and you’re interested is elsewhere you’d prefer to sell it whole and with all things considered buyer arranges and pays own shipping...

Oops 😬 I’m out of butane so let me grab a can of Kiwi 🥝 shoe polish works the same!
There is definitely some truth in your reply.

I am only asking for a realistic offer knowing full well that I will never break even on what I actually invested into the build. As far as the actual number I am willing to accept, I am honestly open and willing accept reasonable offers.

It is also true that I have no intention on parting the motor out and do expect the purchaser to cover and orchestrate shipping.

#10 ·
As mentioned before, I have no intention on separating the engine. I strongly recommend that interest is expressed using this post (if the forum rules allow) followed by contacting each other via private messaging or text. They can work out the logistics and the offer. I will accept payment from two different parties and share all verification if needed.

#11 ·
Honestly, with that compression I would still boost it in your shoes and fore go the nos.

One thing about the pricing is that those parts are unicorn parts from a company that is no longer around to support it and replacement parts....the price can go both ways...

#12 ·
The problem is the Sentra community...Every1 wants to sell for top dollar but buy it for nothing...yes the parts don’t exist no more but for the right price they will make a set for you...I’ve done it with Ferrera twice already...what the motor is worth and what he will actually get for it is two different things...if this was the Honda game it would be sold b4 any1 can inquire about it

#13 ·
I completely understand what both @silvabullit and @CrickiKaze are stating and this is why I am open to offers.

I have owned a turbo spec v since 2006 and feel that 250-300hp is the max street-able power. Being FWD brings a ton of disadvantages that can be dialed down with the proper suspension setup. As power increases wheel spin and torque steer will always rear their heads.

#15 ·
@silvabullit I had the jic magic fully customizable suspension with every bar available at the time and it was one of the best rides I have ever experienced. I was able to hang with my cousin's 996 carerra through the twists until he was comfortable enough to apply the power. I will admit that I was in full on attack mode and he was probably out for a leisurely Sunday cruise.

I appreciate the offer for the trade but I am leaning towards selling my turbo spec v as well. It is getting harder to find the time to start it every few days and change the oil after only driving less than 150 miles a year.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Sedan

#16 ·
I hear you on that..my silver spec became a full track car and wanted to push big power...haven’t driven it in years...it’s depressing and just not worth it IMO...if I had a track close by for sure I’d be there all the time...that’s why I bought this other turbo spec to just have something to drive around in and cruise so I can actually enjoy it...even if it’s only 3k miles a year

#17 ·
I have owned faster vehicles so the spec has lost its luster when factoring in the hassle. it's never anything big (except when the turbo seals went, f turbonetics) just a stupid sensor or the ac line.

also, fighting with nissan when the immobilizer system went and the car wouldn't start. they were refusing to work on the car unless it was completely stock so they can "properly" diagnose the car. after a large bet with the shop manager they changed the immobilizer and reprogrammed all my keys at a large discount.

I have found more joy driving my 93 toyota with 78hp and a 4 speed manual. The car is the epitome of an econobox with terrible everything from the factory. Normal everyday driving is pushing it to its limits and the car always leaves me with a massive smile after a long gut, wrenching laugh. At 215k miles and bad piston rings I am sure that that I am no where near that factory claimed power rating.

#18 ·
Very nice motor, GLWS if i was in the states and had some cash i would probably take it sounds like it would be a fun n/a motor, just out of curiosity which JWT cams are in it? C1?

#19 ·
Thank you.

The cams are the first generation that JWT produced. I am not exactly sure what they would compare to now but my documentation from JWT has S-1 on the spec sheet. For what it's worth, I had every intention on running the Nismo cams but UPS felt that breaking one cam into 4 pieces would be much more beneficial.

#22 ·
Come on big shot get it

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

#24 ·
Lol. You might as well keep it really. Its a pretty unique block.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.