A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a cam phaser off ebay for my qr25de. Are cam phasers off ebay any good or should I just get an OEM one off of 2JRACING? It's just there so expensive. I'm currently rebuilding the motor, can I just reuse the one that's in it or do need to replace it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rolll dice with ebay or with old lol . i reused the one tht came with the motor I bought. IMO, if the motor wasnt cooked or anything...i would try amd reuse it. Like u said, theyre mega expensive. Plus, if its bad, it isnt much time to replace it. And also youll know if its bad because it will throw code(or atleast pending code) for the cam not able to meet its target adjustment the ecu commanded.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
I personally could only trust oem om the phaser. Just gotta eat it. Even with a wholesale account at Nissan it2 like $220.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
46 Posts
yea, im gonna second about the OE only. but i meant since you bought it already, it could,be an option. unless u can return it and buy a new OE one.

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
Should have gotten one from Nissan as they are supplying the new version for sure, and yeah you can get the updated one as well from 2J.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea thanks for the advice. There's a nissan dealership here where I live so I just stop by to the parts department for a OEM one. Just don't want to risk it ya know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts