A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a built block with everything expect sleeves and head PNP springs, retainers, cam's just wondering if I could pop a bottle in before I finish my turbo kit to have some fun now. I just wanna know if this is possible and have big of a shot can a forged pistons rods combo 8-5.1 comp block take. Thanks for the help fellas

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
NO2 likes high compression, sure go ahead and slap the baby bottle on there if you want, but you wont see as much hp as a high cp motor. you also run the risk of damaging the motor with untuned NO2 in the motor. if you just spent all that money, be smart with the car, don't get antsy and blow it up.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I don't see a small shot hurting

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
But id go for a wet shot
And have an afr gauge

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
But id go for a wet shot
And have an afr gauge
this is the safest way to do it, but after all the work you put into putting the kit on and setting it all up, itll be time to put the turbo kit on and take the NO2 off haha, do as you wish, but i personally see more cons to doing this.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
You can run a bigger shot with forged than you could with oem type pistons.

As said above nitrous likes high comp so you won't get as much power with the low comp setup.

I wouldn't recommend a dry shot and definitely get a wideband.

·
Registered
977 Posts
You can run nitrous for now yes(just don't be stupid). Then once you are finished with getting your turbo put on you can re-use some of the nitrous parts to spray the intercooler, so it wouldn't be a waste.

·
Registered
945 Posts
As with boost. nos brings the timing problem into affect. Then there are the means of using controllers to have a properly set up system. you are pretty much looking at about half the price of a turbo kit to have a good n20 setup that is safe to run. If cost is of no concern,then by all means do it.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The wiring is quite a bit
Certainly not worth putting in just to remove it

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm running a 140 shot on a stock motor, no tune, no problems. You can make the same if not more power with nitrous as with any other power adder. you just have to do it right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts