A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 06, when sitting still & turn the steering wheel I hear a lot of creaking. When I go over 60 MPH I feel like I am losing control. Guy at brake check said it was my rack & pinion. My car has lowering springs, new shocks.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
It may be your rack, but does it always feel like it's going out of control when you are at a higher speed, or only when you hit bumps?

When lowered, it puts some more stress on the steering rack by the position it sets the tie rods (angled like so (extream): \___/ ). Look under the car for yourself. When you hit a bump as speed the car feels a little crazy when it's regaining control. Most don't really have a bug issue with this, so I doubt it's your real problem, but if it is a bump steer kit would be something to look into.

The how to do the rack pinion is in the FSM, which is free here on the forum. It says you need to remove the steering wheel, etc. When I had mine done, we just removed the cross member, and started unbolting things and eventually got the old out and new in. Lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
In for how-to info... I'm gonna be replacing mine as soon as the BSK comes out.... I'm startin to doubt if it will at all...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts