A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Radiator Fan Toggle Switch

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  fivesentras 
#1 ·
I'm not sure what category is best for this question, but has anyone wired up a toggle switch to their radiator fans to control when they come On/Off? Couldn't find a How-to on this.

What's the easiest way to do it? Any tips?

#2 ·
What is the benefit of doing this? What if you forget???

#7 ·
To have the ability to run the fans all the time if I want to. An N/A QR would never need to do this.

#3 ·
If you want to automatically control them, rather than on all of the time (if that's what you mean) then I used one of these kits... Derale 16738 Derale Electric Fan Accessories

My tip would be get a better one :) I fried a fuse (running two china ebay fans) after a few months, then the relay filled up with water and fried. Keep in a dry place at least. Ended up replacing the relay with a spare Nissan one that used to run the fans and all has been good for about a month. Wrapped, taped and tucked away.

Attachments

#5 ·
Yeah I would rather have them on all the time then having to be remembering when to turn them on.

#8 ·
Nevermind, I'm no longer interested in doing this...

I was having an issue with my radiator fans but I solved it so no more need to do this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.